Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eckersley not coming to Loftus Road !

This is from NewsNow:

- Defender Richard Eckersley stunned Manchester United yesterday by rejecting a new deal - and Premier League new boys Burnley are now set to sign him.
    - Right-back Eckersley (above) came through the ranks and was on the brink of a breakthrough at Old Trafford, but wants regular first-team football in the top flight.
    - The Salford-born 20year-old will talk with Owen Coyle's Burnley after rejecting a move to QPR.
    - Burnley's first home game of the season is against United"

Shame-sounds like a good player
    Now, Then, Forever
    [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

hope we sign a full back soon, we cannot rely on Borrowdale

Comment

Burnley have already signed Mears, Easton and Edgar this summer who can all play at full back so why would they want another one?

With Neville close to retirement, United aren't packed with full backs so I doubt he would jump ship a year after first signing. Also why move to a team where he won't be guaranteed first team football?

Comment

This is the benefit of having a British manager. Magilton and his team know the system and will be best placed to formulate a plan B after this knockback.

Comment

If he doesn't come I wouldn't be surprised if we go back to United to try and bring Corry Evans to the clubs or maybe even Cathcart both young and defensive minded (as well as from Northern Ireland) not sure though that either can play at left back?

Comment

Why not just sign fox, widely held 2 b the best left back in the division, or wd that b 2 obvious (read: expensive)?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                Why not just sign fox, widely held 2 b the best left back in the division, or wd that b 2 obvious (read: expensive)?
                Maybe we have tried but he doesn't want to come? With the knowledge that Sheffield United may soon lose both of their full backs to Premiership clubs, Fox could be holding out for a transfer to a bigger club in the division.

Comment

But if this spending spree were genuine there is no reason why sheff utd need be seen as "bigger" particularly. Besides as far as we know we haven't actually gone as far as tabling a bid

Comment

But if this spending spree were genuine there is no reason why sheff utd need be seen as "bigger" particularly. Besides as far as we know we haven't actually gone as far as tabling a bid
                    Is the spending spree genuine? Rumour yes, but if we were after a loan from United and a freebie from Italy it doesn't sound like much is being spent.

Comment

True. But even if the aim is to spend nothing overall it shouldn't be beyond the wit of the club to sell Hall, Agyman, Alberti and perhaps Ephraim to raise some money, then bring in Fox on the proceeds (and while they are about it Lita on a Bosman).

Comment

True. But even if the aim is to spend nothing overall it shouldn't be beyond the wit of the club to sell Hall, Agyman, Alberti and perhaps Ephraim to raise some money, then bring in Fox on the proceeds (and while they are about it Lita on a Bosman).
                        I think you are right that we should sell but who would want to buy Hall, Agyemang and Alberti? They might be good players at a lower level but who would want to take on their salaries?

Comment

Silly boy :amazing: Eckersley that is
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

He may be up for some premiership action with Burnley. Alledgedly.

Comment

Originally posted by JeanD View Post
                              He may be up for some premiership action with Burnley. Alledgedly.
                              I can't see it. Why would Coyle who has already bought Easton, Edgar and Mears want yet another full back especially when he had two already at the club?

Comment

Working...
                              X