Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

now clint hill gone what about the 25man rule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now clint hill gone what about the 25man rule?

obviously clint was in our 25 man squad now hes gone on loan does that mean our squad is now 24 or does that mean wecan add someone else in?
    take him out dyer and mackie who is still to recover properly were down to 22??

anone know?

I am sure you can not add anyone until January, that is why there is a deadline to submit the list so its a level playing field. Any team can bring in free agents under 21? though.

Comment

Think he can be re-called at short notice should he be needed. Keeps him match fit playing games rather than collecting splinters. Don't think the 25 man squad can be changed until January window opens.

Comment

I love the way QPR FC have not announced he has gone yet, but Forest did yesterday.

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/pa...457512,00.html

Comment

So no Hill,Dyer or Mackie that leaves us with a fit 22 with 3 GK's = 19 players.Lets hope theres no more injuries.

Comment

Good luck to Hill...he is gonna be a great help to Forest.

Comment

Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post
              obviously clint was in our 25 man squad now hes gone on loan does that mean our squad is now 24 or does that mean wecan add someone else in?
              take him out dyer and mackie who is still to recover properly were down to 22??

anone know?
              Simple answer is no. All Premiership clubs had to register their squad by 5pm on September 2nd meaning that's it. The window is closed so even if we could add to our squad it would be out of contract players that have either recently had their contracts terminated e.g. Diouf or players who have been out of contract since July and nobody has thought good enough to sign them during the summer. As I said even if we could there isn't anyone available who we would want.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                Simple answer is no. All Premiership clubs had to register their squad by 5pm on September 2nd meaning that's it. The window is closed so even if we could add to our squad it would be out of contract players that have either recently had their contracts terminated e.g. Diouf or players who have been out of contract since July and nobody has thought good enough to sign them during the summer. As I said even if we could there isn't anyone available who we would want.
                thats kinda what i thought , just worries me slightly that w e havent got a full squad any injuries or suspensions and we could land in trouble like i said with mackie not rerady and dyer keeping our medic s busy we could be really short

Comment

thats kinda what i thought , just worries me slightly that w e havent got a full squad any injuries or suspensions and we could land in trouble like i said with mackie not rerady and dyer keeping our medic s busy we could be really short
                  Mackie and Dyer back soon,clint can probably be recalled,with the exception to striker injuries( where we have only 3 in squad)we should be fine

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                    Mackie and Dyer back soon,clint can probably be recalled,with the exception to striker injuries( where we have only 3 in squad)we should be fine
                    I take your point there, but Tommy Smith and Mackie can play as strikers if needed. Even if they have been pushed wider in the last year or so.
                    We rarely play 4-4-2, if ever, so we should be ok in terms of numbers until january.

Makes me wonder who wouldn't have made the 25 man squad if Bellamy or Crouch had signed, and who we might sign in january.
                    But that's a long way off right now.
                    "Trust In Warnock" - Don't just type it - Do It.

Comment

Another reason why there is such a gulf between the top teams and everyone else because of how much they can invest in kids who don't need to be named in the 25 but can be used. We've obviously got kids but none of them have the level of experience or quality in comparison to Jones, Fabio, De Gea or Wellbeck at United.

We need to invest in the academy and bring our own kids through as well as signing good youngsters otherwise as you rightly say you are restricted by the size of the squad especially if we suffer from injuries and suspensions.

Comment

We can always throw Troy into the match day squad if we get short on strikers.
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                        X