No announcement yet.

QPR consider move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The latest is that we are building it underneath Shepherd's Bush. It will be a revolutionary move.
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
      No one gives two toots about the comfort of football grounds unless thats the view of new wave fans. For years we've had to stand and get crushed and swayed with the crowd and bloody loved it !! Leg room ha ha.
      You're living in the past mate.
      Modern fans want more than this, comfort and better service in line with how much he pays.
      Blame the american sports arena methods of entertaining, times have changed mate, razzamataz is the future unfortunately, hot dogs on roller skates by girls in short skirts, TGI Friday style.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
        The ticket prices are right now since the cuts - lets see how many games we don't sell out.

Have said for a long time that Madjeskei should be similar to what we should do. Fabulous facility and the right sort of size.

Not having any of that "soul-less bowl" nonsence either. The shape doesn't make the fans sing.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that ticket prices won't change for the better. You say they're right now, well many would still disagree. Yes they are better than they were, but they were quite frankly ridiculous. There will be many prem clubs with cheaper ticket prices than us still.

Of course developing in London compared to other areas can be significantly more expensive, but the flip side would be the commercial opportunities for utilising the "facility" 365 days a year would be far greater in London.

Both TF and PB have focused on their aim to fill every seat first and foremost, much like in the airline business.

Although i don't necessarily see reductions if it happens, i do expect indirect reductions, ie, better benefits for renewals, better susbidies etc etc... They will want to not only fill it, but by doing so, and hopefully having an entertaining product, attract the next generation of fans to the club the benefit of which will be there for years to come.

We do need to be realistic (and of course they will be, based on whatever strategy they employ) but for me as said above, there's nothing worse than a half empty stadium, so we would be best using a similar model to Sunderland who had a stadium built around 30-35k, but designed so it could be easilly expanded, as it was (i think i'm right with that). That would give us the best of both worlds, realism while we expand the club, and easy option IF ever required....

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
          I wouldn't be so quick to assume that ticket prices won't change for the better. You say they're right now, well many would still disagree. Yes they are better than they were, but they were quite frankly ridiculous. There will be many prem clubs with cheaper ticket prices than us still.

Of course developing in London compared to other areas can be significantly more expensive, but the flip side would be the commercial opportunities for utilising the "facility" 365 days a year would be far greater in London.

Both TF and PB have focused on their aim to fill every seat first and foremost, much like in the airline business.

Although i don't necessarily see reductions if it happens, i do expect indirect reductions, ie, better benefits for renewals, better susbidies etc etc... They will want to not only fill it, but by doing so, and hopefully having an entertaining product, attract the next generation of fans to the club the benefit of which will be there for years to come.

We do need to be realistic (and of course they will be, based on whatever strategy they employ) but for me as said above, there's nothing worse than a half empty stadium, so we would be best using a similar model to Sunderland who had a stadium built around 30-35k, but designed so it could be easilly expanded, as it was (i think i'm right with that). That would give us the best of both worlds, realism while we expand the club, and easy option IF ever required....

This. 1m times over. Sunderland's ground was orginally 42k and upped to 48k after 3 seasons.

The Madjeski has also already got the anchor points in place to increase the capacity to 32k. Forward planning in the initial build.

Comment

People will always disagree about ticket pricing, but I booked my Blackburn ticket yesterday and it cost £30. For a London Premier League Club investing in their team that is absolutely the right price.

And as for standard tickets in a brand new ground being cheaper than at LR - I will buy everyone in the new stadium a drink if that happens. I expect one back from you all when it doesn't.
            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryhatrick View Post
              Many fans don't go to LR because it is a cow shed of a stadium. Poor facilities, no legroom, old and cramped. We don't sell out due to visiting fans not selling their allocation, and late walk ups not bothering in case they get the last restricted view seat.

It is my opinion and belief that for every fan that currently goes to LR, 2 fans would go to a new stadium, so we need 35k plus.
              I agree, but fans here don't seem to think that LR is the reason why QPR don't get bigger crowds.

How many times have fans bought a ticket on the day and found themselves struggling to see one of the goals and 6 yard box clearly?

How many fans don't go because they are too big for the tiney seasts and legroom?

Which other League clubs play in West London and surrounding areas i.e. Harlesden, Neasden, Kilburn, Kensal Rise, Willsden or places like Southall Hayes, Ruilsip etc?

A successful QPR side in a bigger and more comfortable stadium at reasonable prices can attract double it's current attendances.

I live in North London where 10 years ago, you hardly saw any young adults and kids in Chelsea tops, however now I see them on a frequent basis.

QPR is in a very populated area of London and has the potential to increase its support but it will not really sell out the current stadium, on a regular basis unless the team is riding high at the top of the Premier League (which will not happen unless Mittal is willing to do a Man City and spend money like it's going out of fashion).

I am glad to read that Tony Fernandes has a more positive outlook than many QPR fans.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                I live in North London where 10 years ago, you hardly saw any young adults and kids in Chelsea tops, however now I see them on a frequent basis.

That is because they became successful, not because they moved to a bigger stadium, which they didn't. As I said before - it takes a lot more than a nice new stadium to double attendance. Success helps.

Look at the new stadiums that are half empty already just a few seasons on.
                twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                  That is because they became successful, not because they moved to a bigger stadium, which they didn't. As I said before - it takes a lot more than a nice new stadium to double attendance. Success helps.

Look at the new stadiums that are half empty already just a few seasons on.
                  Of course that's true, but for us it is a stepping stone process, we need the stadium to expand and drive the opportunity for success.

There are examples of clubs in the mire with nice half full stadiums, but i am confident that the collecitive group of people we have at the helm certainly have better credentials than most other clubs, and are shrewd enough and have the sort of contacts and levarage required to really make us become a sustained success in the Premier League.

Comment

I wonder if they may get priced out a move locally to W12 and look at other avenues - maybe park royal area or further out towards Hillingdon? I know the Land would be cheaper and probably more options available. Id like to think that we would exhaust all areas around Lofus road before looking elsewhere but it might end up becoming the reality.

Comment

For the last 35 years we have had a self imposed limit on our capacity, so we are judged on how close we get to that limit, which is absurd. A new stadium is about the catchment area (which is why Coventry doesn't work) and the potential. The club has to 'sell' its seats and not just wait and see who might turn up. A top notch club marketing department will take care of this potential, because no successful businessman will spend 100m on a stadium without investing into its promotion, and we're in London ffs.

Success on the pitch is out of fans control, and yes attendances will drop if we get relegated. However, it is in the control of the manager and the owners to ensure continued investment so that this doesn't happen, and I get the impression that we're doing OK with manager and owner at this current time.

I reckon everyone knows another fan who doesn't come to LR because the facilities stink, or the current stadium experience isn't 'awe inspiring' enough for them. They almost certainly would come back to a shiny new stadium, like a new era is born.

Comment

Working...
                      X