X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £3.5m on 2 unknowns

well, we wanted signings...maybe someone we had heard of
    but get an argy from a 2nd div team no one has heard of
    and a serie b player from a club no one has heard of...

history shows we have wasted money..vinnie jones,sheron,morrow etc
    and foreign signings struggle to settle..s.dc...ledesma,parejo...

i wonder of the agents,fees and is there truth to the story we only "own" 50% of the registration for argy boy??

still, we have been active.....and maybe we get one right?
    new season fast approaching.....new hopes, new frustrations....new club shop shirts with argy boy when he scores his first, new soppy songs and new despairs...that's football, that's qpr and that's entertainment!
    love it!

Have we officially signed an Italian then?

Or have you jumped the gun to get your whinge in early?
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

it's a pre-emptive whinge. getting it in nice and early...
      RUN, MWEPU, RUN! CHARGE FORTH AND BOOT THAT BALL DOWNFIELD MY BOY, YOU MAGNIFICENT CHAMPION YOU!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post

i wonder of the agents,fees and is there truth to the story we only "own" 50% of the registration for argy boy??

new season fast approaching.....new hopes, new frustrations....new club shop shirts with argy boy when he scores his first, new soppy songs and new despairs...that's football, that's qpr and that's entertainment!
          love it!

BORKED
          Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post

love it!

08457 90 90 90 give them a ring before you do something silly
            Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

The official says the deal is worth £3.5m it doesn't mean that the transfer fee is worth £3.5m. If the contract is 3 years and say the guy is on £10k pw thats £1.5m of the £3.5m. If we have had to pay Inter Milan and his old club some money then no wonder the deal is worth what it is.

You could say that when we signed Ramage although he was brought in on a free that the deal was worth £2m because of salary payments.

I believe the deal was announced how it was to raise season ticket sales. If the club had not disclosed the deal fans would believe that we weren't spending money and had brought in another Alberti type deal. Instead the fans are led to believe this will be the start of a massive spending spree and that you shouldn't leave it to late to buy your season ticket.

Comment

None of us know but agree sir pie that is the most likely scenario. But the board's strategy will look quite flawed if they then bring in just a loan signing @ left back and a bargain basement striker bcause then folk will not only suspect that the spending spree is well and truely over but that, in reality, it never really got started....

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  None of us know but agree sir pie that is the most likely scenario. But the board's strategy will look quite flawed if they then bring in just a loan signing @ left back and a bargain basement striker bcause then folk will not only suspect that the spending spree is well and truely over but that, in reality, it never really got started....

I don't think it has got started - have you read this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A54250463

Comment

Thanks, interesting reading (tho I can't quite believe even in this inflated market he wd be earning £16,500 a week). Even at the absolute minimum (£430k plus £500k to Inter) that is £830k, which is not insignificant. I don't have this big macho obsession that we must spend millions, and I don't think you do either. The frustration to me is that if budgets are v tight why not spend whatever little money there is where its most needed (and where talent tends to be most expensive) ie on a striker?

Comment

Working...
                    X