No announcement yet.

Barton not fit to be Captain.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adel looks more relaxed about not having the captaincy.
    Certainly did him a favour having players who are as good as, or better than, him -- and did the team a favour as he is more prepared to pass to those players.
    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

lets face it the real captain at rangers is still derry!
      LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
        According to being unbeaten, not conversing a goal and looking a classy side in the two games he's captained...I'd say he does. I even think you're boy god has benefitted from it as well. He seems far happier just to play and get on with it now.
        How comes you related winning to captaincy ... we havent lost for many games last year and Adel was the captain is this mean he deserve it? Maybe not ... Barton is happy or not , all others are happy though playing for us ..
        TaarabT Abdel

Comment

Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
          lets face it the real captain at rangers is still derry!
          All those that believe in telekinesis raise my hand

Comment

one thing, I assure you its not me who wrote that article.

Comment

So hold on... When we had a captain last year who whined, sulked, didn't lead, asked to be subbed and tried to move on in the summer - it was all ok because a captains armband means nothing and it brings the best out of him. joeys a fighter, a character and leader who likes a joke, says it how he sees it and likes to wind fans up but he's not up to the job. Oh please

Comment

Originally posted by NW9_RANGER View Post
                So hold on... When we had a captain last year who whined, sulked, didn't lead, asked to be subbed and tried to move on in the summer - it was all ok because a captains armband means nothing and it brings the best out of him. joeys a fighter, a character and leader who likes a joke, says it how he sees it and likes to wind fans up but he's not up to the job. Oh please
                Spot on. Some people really don't think before they slap their keyboard. Our team are altogether as one unit, anyone at Wolves who see the players at the end will know this. Joey is a very clever guy, try listening to him and make your own judgement rather than make an opinion from what you read by nobody journalists writing drivel. He is like Warnock, you'll hate him if he's not your manager the same way the opposing fans hate Barton. He's served his time for his crime. What Barton does is just his way of dealing with the abuse and crap he has to deal with otherwise he'll probably go mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                  Spot on. Some people really don't think before they slap their keyboard. Our team are altogether as one unit, anyone at Wolves who see the players at the end will know this. Joey is a very clever guy, try listening to him and make your own judgement rather than make an opinion from what you read by nobody journalists writing drivel. He is like Warnock, you'll hate him if he's not your manager the same way the opposing fans hate Barton. He's served his time for his crime. What Barton does is just his way of dealing with the abuse and crap he has to deal with otherwise he'll probably go mad.
                  To be honest, I was dead against signing Barton because of his reputation, and actually felt rather ashamed that we had.
                  But, I had never really listened to what he was saying -- and now I have, I have to admire the way he has tried to turn his life around -- it would be so much easier to just live off his reputation and act up to it.
                  If he can win me over, he can win anyone over -- and he has started to.
                  Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

I love the fact weve got Barton at the club and he's certainly given the whole club a boost. He's obviously the one that dishes out plenty of banter which is great for a team. However I think its inevitable he'll do some stupid things in games to come, I just hope it doesnt cost us. Against Newcastle he deliberately through the ball in to Ameobi's stomach but luckily got a way with any punishment. Perhaps being the captain could mature him, we'll see. Personally I think the best man for the arm band is Shaun Derry. He conducts himself well on and off the pitch and every one loves him

Comment

''First, the bottle throwing incident. Barton lobbed a plastic water bottle at team mate Shaun Derry while the latter was doing a television interview. The sort of high jinx expected of the club joker, not of the club captain.''
                      Not okay to be both? When I see it, I feel team spirit - and thats what a good captain brings. Ignore that article it's pathetic....

Comment

Originally posted by Terry-Mancini-123 View Post
                        The plastic bottle at Derry's head was asking a lot during a tv interview. Derry took it well but really had no choice!
                        Its banter mate, all part of the great team spirit we seem to have going on and you really cant put a price on that, having a bunch of lads that get on and are willing to fight tooth and nail for eachother (probably quite literally in Joeys case too )
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                        X