The new Tarbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Tarbs

Really been impressed with him last two games, it needs a mention. Some suggested he would implode with losing captain status and not being the star of the show, but he has actually become a better team cog.

The major difference is the timing of his passing, utterly different from last season when he often held the ball for far too long and usually lost it. Now his pass timing is different world, splits defenses so often with balls to SWP and Joey. This has to be a coaching success, so well done NW & KC. His attitude may have improved because he feels he is now playing with 'equal quality'

Problem is he won't score as many goals due to being less greedy, but he'll get twice as many asists any anyone else. I'd say around 8 goals, 25 assists

Couldn't agree more mate.

Its so refreshing to see him looking up & releasing balls at the right time.

Their was times yesterday when I wanted to see a bit of the old Tarbs come out, could of been a wee bit more selfish but again fair play to him, he is building a great understanding with Joey, SWP & an advancing Traore.

Comment

Totally agree with you, especially Monday night he was using his undoubted skill to beat the first man or two and using the space / time he has created to much greater effect than he did last season.

Comment

last year he could do it on his own and his options were not as good.

The most disappointing thing about last year (about the only one) was the way QPR fans slagged him off even though he got us up.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

He's proving plenty wrong, including myself. As I said, I've never doubted his ability, but his temperament. He seems to have knuckled down, and I think the new signings have helped him.

As for 'he got us up', I'm still not having that. He was one of a few stars for us last season. They all deserve a mention, and I still find it disrespectful when I hear he's siglehandedly the reason. Not saying that's exactly what you meant, silvercue, but there are a few still saying this.

Anyway, credit where it's due, the lad had really started to look a complete player.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Agree again Silvercue, he does have issues but I also believe the he is an exceptional talent and they quite often have their flaws, look at Stanley!!

Comment

felt he was a solid team player yesterday... just wish he was his old self when 1on1 with the wolves defender. unsung hero yesterday i felt. we didnt see many tricks yesterday from him.. it shows his game can be top notch.. but against newcastle it proved he can do those tricks to open some teams in an instance
              Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
              Lovejoy: "No?!"
              Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Better team player but seems to have lost his shooting boots.Quite a few wayward or soft shots.Has added a top notch short passing game to his reptoire though.

Comment

Agree, his shooting was poor to say the least, but he was unlucky agains Wigan on that part. The goals will come, that I'm sure of. My biggest worry was the way he conducts himself. He's answered that in a positive way, and that's what I wanted to see. A few more games like this, and his confidence on goal will be back. Now I really hope we keep the lad for a couple more years.
                  Your mum would love me...

Comment

He has everything in his locker to be one of the elite best. Yesterday he even had a shot where everyone hoped he'd shoot but he turned back and passed to SWP who the lost the ball. Another great game by him yesterday.

Comment

As mentioned above its becuase better players around him. !st the players make the runs were they should do, when last year the palyers at times would run down dead ends, or just stand there and not move expecti ng the ball, this year with Taorae, Barton, Young and SWP they are always on the move and run in the right areas. 2) I think he has the confidence in them when before that wabnt there.

the "team" got us up last year with Adel being our shinning diamond. Yes without Adel we would not have made it, but with out NW, Keith Curle and Paddy we wouldnt have too.

Too many people think the best players in the world would make the greatest team, this is not true. The best team is made of characters and different skills which need to mix to compilment each other. This is one of the biggest reasons why england are so rubbish as the manager never picks a team just the best individuals (due to pressure from the pree and FA.
                      One for all.... and all for one

Comment

His shooting abilty is still a bit under par,but he will come good.
                        When his fitness level reach 100% it will affect this area as well.
                        GREAT allround play from him last night. He did even track back a few times,wow!!
                        With so many new faces in the team, our season kind of started against Newcastle. I you ask me, one of the players who are a definite starter for the rest of the season is Adel Taarabt.
                        One day I hope he will play for us against Barcelona in the CL.
                        IF he starts to train properly even witout a ball involved:yush:
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Think this season shows how much he's learnt under NW. He could have kicked off about JB being captain - but not issues. He's stuck with it, and has been impressive. Influencial in parts.
                          Also, lets not forget - he's only 22!!!! Loads more in him and looking forward to in being in the blue and white hoops.
                          Adel - well done.
                          Think we need to sing him a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
                            Think this season shows how much he's learnt under NW. He could have kicked off about JB being captain - but not issues. He's stuck with it, and has been impressive. Influencial in parts.
                            Also, lets not forget - he's only 22!!!! Loads more in him and looking forward to in being in the blue and white hoops.
                            Adel - well done.
                            Think we need to sing him a bit more.

Yes, we tend to forget that. His physique(?) has not yet peaked!
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Been his biggest critic but have to say he attitude over the last two games have been excellent. In fact such has the change been I have even resorted to wanting him to run with the ball a little more.

Team really do look excellent and Tarrabt has played a big part in that and I take my hat off to him, didn't think he would change but to date I have been well and truly proved wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X