Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not ITK or anything, but...........

Caleb Folan.

Got a feeling it will be him we are after / will get.

What do you think if so?

not better than dexter

Comment

Worse than Dex. Dex can score goals.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

But they are very different players.

Folan is a big strong lump, aggressive in the challenge and a bit of an animal.

Dexter is not big and strong enough to be a target man, yes he can win headers but that's about it.
        Dex is not all that at holding the ball up and bringing others in to play.

Target men are not bought for their goal scoring are they?

Have to say that i think he could be a good target man for us.

Comment

dont want to put this Italian down before we even sign him, but if the choice was out of him and Folan - id pick Folan. At least hes got experience over here! This italian player for me, would be a big dissapointment and would be no different than signing De Carmine last year. Dont want to criticise a player who we havent even signed or seen yet - but considering there are so many strikers available, this would be a strange choice for me and id rather keep blackstock than taking a gamble again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
            dont want to put this Italian down before we even sign him, but if the choice was out of him and Folan - id pick Folan. At least hes got experience over here! This italian player for me, would be a big dissapointment and would be no different than signing De Carmine last year. Dont want to criticise a player who we havent even signed or seen yet - but considering there are so many strikers available, this would be a strange choice for me and id rather keep blackstock than taking a gamble again.
            What a contradiction, "dont want to put this Italian down" then what do you do but go and do just that!

I wish people would give players a chance, blimey we haven't even signed him (officially) yet, why does he HAVE to be as bad as Di Carmine ???

Comment

Yeah, but what about Caleb Folan? :very_sad:

Comment

Originally posted by robloft View Post
                What a contradiction, "dont want to put this Italian down" then what do you do but go and do just that!

I wish people would give players a chance, blimey we haven't even signed him (officially) yet, why does he HAVE to be as bad as Di Carmine ???
                Im not putting him down, but do you want to take anothe gamble, when there are other players our there? he COULD turn out good, but his history shows he probably wont. I just think we are missing out on chances to sign proven players - who are available, and gambling on some strikers we know nothing about and play in a completely differnt league. Like i say, im not putting him down - but i just wish we could stick to a proven goal scorer here - and not take a chance. We havent got time to give players work experience, we are suppose to be going for promotion. Im sure most people here would take lita on a free, than this guy. Hope he does well, but going by last years dissapointment - and knowing we scored less goals than the bottom relegated side - i think we can do better!

Comment

yea could be that northern team striker pete was going on about??
                  We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

Think he has been told he can leave Hull as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Q.P.AARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH View Post
                      Yeah, but what about Caleb Folan? :very_sad:
                      Big 6'2" lump like Beckford but that's where the comparison ends.Folan has scored just 26 goals in his career spanning 172 games.That's only 1 goal every 6.6 games or just a 15% success rate which is poor by any standard.

Comment

on news now it says hull are looking for £3m for him, which even frightened off Wolves. a) we wouldn't pay that and b) don't think he's worth it.

Comment

Nor do I
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

For 3 million no way, for 1-1.5 maybe.

Comment

Folan can be a handful when he wants to, but at 3m? Not on your nelly.

Comment

Working...
                              X