Warnock reveals team for tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warnock reveals team for tonight?

Or at least most of it,according to the Fulham Chronicle.

Quote from QPR Report :

Paul Warburton/Fulham Chronicle - QPR boss reveals team for Newcastle clash

QPR boss Neil Warnock has revealed exactly where he intends to play his new faces – including two slots for Joey Barton.

The manager made six signings in less than five days before the transfer window shut, and has taken the extraordinary step of all but naming his team before tonight’s home clash with Newcastle.

When Rs play 4-3-3, Barton will have a free role in the centre of midfield . When Warnock sticks with a more conservative 4-4-1-1, that is more likely to be the case when the player makes his Hoops debut against his old team, Barton will be on the right of midfield.

As for the rest, Luke Young will be at right back with Armand Traore on the other side of defence. Anton Ferdinand will partner Danny Gabbidon at centre-back, and Shaun Wright-Phillips will get a free role in midfield.

Warnock added: “I got a bit lucky with Anton and Danny. They both know each other from their West Ham days and it won’t take as long for them to gel as a pair had they been strangers.

“Was that in the back of my mind when I went for Anton? It was a bit of that, and it was also that we could actually get a class defender.”
    DJ Campbell's virus that laid low the forward for the last three weeks could also see a debut for Jason Puncheon.

Warnock insists he will play Adel Taarabt in the same team as Barton, and with Ali Faurlin in mind – the Southampton winger may also slot into midfield on the right, with Campbell taking a place on the bench.

Shaun Derry’s reward for a sparkling start in the Premiership is an extended contract, and together with keeper Paddy Kenny and out-and-out forward Jay Bothroyd, Warnock was blending his new-look side in training this week with a special practice at Loftus Road on Thursday.

“I’ve always had a full-side practice match of around 70 minutes in these cases,” he explained. “I put the likely side against the rest and we stop-start the game to fine-tune stuff.” Fulham Chronicle
Working...
X