One downside to the sponsorship deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One downside to the sponsorship deal?

I take it we won't be playing the famous blue and white hoops at grounds like Old Trafford, Anfield etc. if the sponsorship is shared? Home kit at home, away kit away every match?

Both away kits will clash with red kits. We'll wear the Hoops.

Comment

what the hell you on about you wear a kit that dont clash, liverpool away we will wear the home kit also the same for old trafford sponsorship dont come into it think you need a lie down!

Comment

Hadn't thought about that. What about when colours clash, neither of our away kits may be suitable for certain games eg Arsenal, Liverpool?

Comment

Originally posted by rmj1982 View Post
          what the hell you on about you wear a kit that dont clash, liverpool away we will wear the home kit also the same for old trafford sponsorship dont come into it think you need a lie down!
          I think you are the one that needs to lie down. It's a valid question, surely both companies will want a cut of the action. Will Air Asia be happy with never being played against Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal? I'm only pondering on how the deal will work and how it is split.

Comment

They wont mind all one big happy family

Comment

I don't believe this is the case, we certainly won't be banned from wearing our home shirt due to the sponsors requirements, more likely the fee will be agreed for the shirt appearing per game to cover cup matches as well as league.

Our 2nd & 3rd kits arguably clash with Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool and a couple of others. We will wear the home kit away a few times this season.

Comment

I know it is horses for courses, but for me that is a bonus, as the home kit looks cheap and nasty where as the away kit looks superb.

Comment

Maybe Air Asia will still be on the shirt at away games even though we will be in the blue and white hoops? We will find out on Saturday, can't see us wearing the 2nd or 3rd kits at Wolves.

Comment

Maybe this is why it took so long to announce the deal, I guess they had to work out who got which game and how much each would pay.

Comment

Originally posted by dpmd View Post
                      Maybe Air Asia will still be on the shirt at away games even though we will be in the blue and white hoops? We will find out on Saturday, can't see us wearing the 2nd or 3rd kits at Wolves.
                      If we wear the Hoops then Air Asia will be on the shirt, garuanteed. The company sponsors the shirt and not the event so they only have an interest when THEIR shirt is worn.

Tottenham have also had seperate home/away shirt sponsors since last season and do not change the sponsor depending on the kit/venue etc.

Comment

You don't have to wear your away kit for every away game.

The sponsorship is on the shirt, not the specific game. You can't change your sponsor logo on your shirts once approved by the PL. At OT and Anfield etc, we'll wear Blue and White Hoops with "Malaysian Airlines".

Air Asia would have been aware of this football regulation before signing the deal.

Chill.

Comment

Originally posted by DouDou_87 View Post
                          If we wear the Hoops then Air Asia will be on the shirt, garuanteed. The company sponsors the shirt and not the event so they only have an interest when THEIR shirt is worn.

Tottenham have also had seperate home/away shirt sponsors since last season and do not change the sponsor depending on the kit/venue etc.
                          Very different mate.

Autonomy sponsor the Premier League shirts, Investec sponsor all cup competitions. Home and Away shirts have the same sponsor.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                            You don't have to wear your away kit for every away game.

The sponsorship is on the shirt, not the specific game. You can't change your sponsor logo on your shirts once approved by the PL. At OT and Anfield etc, we'll wear Blue and White Hoops with "Malaysian Airlines".

Air Asia would have been aware of this football regulation before signing the deal.

Chill.
                            I am chilled, just interested to know how they have split it game/moneywise.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                              Very different mate.

Autonomy sponsor the Premier League shirts, Investec sponsor all cup competitions. Home and Away shirts have the same sponsor.
                              Ahh i see, didn't realise this mate.

Expect now with more commercially minded people at the club it will only be a matter of time before we join Man Utd in getting the training gear sponsored and heading off on tours to Asia and the States.

One thing you can garuantee is that unlike every other season recently we will make sure each and every advertising board at LR is taken and we are getting as much money as possible from various sources. LONG OVERDUE!

Comment

Working...
                              X