Is Ken Bates really a QPR fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Ken Bates really a QPR fan?

For quite some time a Leeds fan I know has claimed Bates was a life long QPR fan.

I've spent a good deal of time refuting this claim, it seemed unbelievable to me that a QPR fan could have become so involved at CFC.

My Northern acquaintance sent me a link to a copy of a Leeds United programme in which Ken seems to confirm that he is in fact a hoop.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/45613584/K...PR-18-12-10-P1

My first response was Ken is trying to wind them up. Is this correct, is Ken really a QPR fan?

Has anybody seen him at Loftus road EVER? (apart from with the opposition teams of course).
    Last edited by minor threat; 12-09-2011, 03:44 PM.

Why could a qpr fan not buy into Chelsea as a business venture??
    He bought Chelsea for a quid plus there debts, first and foremost he is a businessman, and thats good business who ever you support!

Comment

He was as a boy. Remember we're not on Chelsea's radar and never really have been. Certainly not during the times Bates was a nipper. When I grew up in the 70's and 80's on the Fulham Palace Road, my Dad took me to Rangers one week and then to Chelsea the next when we played outside of London. I bear them no ill will, though don't get me started on Brentford.....*spit*

Though now hates us. Anyone remember his programme notes prior to the Milk Cup QF replay?

Arf!!!!!!
      Last edited by Nodge70; 12-09-2011, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
        Why could a qpr fan not buy into Chelsea as a business venture??
        He bought Chelsea for a quid plus there debts, first and foremost he is a businessman, and thats good business who ever you support!
        Exactly, Good businessmen don't allow sentiment to get in the way, hence we are now extatic about the fact we have a top, top, West ham fan running QPR...

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
          Exactly, Good businessmen don't allow sentiment to get in the way, hence we are now extatic about the fact we have a top, top, West ham fan running QPR...

Comment

Look all I really want is for somebody to tell me it's BS.

Has anybody ever seen Ken at Loftus Road supporting QPR?

Does anybody know anybody who has ever seen Ken at Loftus Road QPR?

Has anybody seen photographic evidence of Ken at QPR supporting QPR?

I think Ken's comments may just have been an effort to wind up the Chelsea fans who gave him stick whiilst he was at Stamford Bridge.

Comment

He really was a QPR fan. Lived in Ealing growing up as a kid - spoke about it when he was Chairman at Chelsea too.

Comment

Originally posted by minor threat View Post
                Look all I really want is for somebody to tell me it's BS.

Has anybody ever seen Ken at Loftus Road supporting QPR?

Does anybody know anybody who has ever seen Ken at Loftus Road QPR?

Has anybody seen photographic evidence of Ken at QPR supporting QPR?

I think Ken's comments may just have been an effort to wind up the Chelsea fans who gave him stick whiilst he was at Stamford Bridge.
                Ken Bates loves to stir things up, no matter who or what...

Comment

Didn't he try to buy or get involved with us before Chelsea and now he holds a grudge? I might have misremembered.

Comment

Remember Wisey saying a few years ago the KB was a Rangers fan all his life.

Comment

Legend has it that Bates tried to buy QPR but was outbid by Jim Gregory. But in the Leeds programme from last December he provided some excellent reminiscences from his time as a boy travelling to QPR by tram up the Uxbridge Road. He seemed to have really fond memories of those days.

Comment

Originally posted by minor threat View Post
                        For quite some time a Leeds fan I know has claimed Bates was a life long QPR fan.

I've spent a good deal of time refuting this claim, it seemed unbelievable to me that a QPR fan could have become so involved at CFC.

My Northern acquaintance sent me a link to a copy of a Leeds United programme in which Ken seems to confrim that he is fact a hoop.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/45613584/K...PR-18-12-10-P1

My first response was Ken is trying to wind them up. Is this correct is Ken really a QPR fan?

Has anybody seen him at Loftus road EVER? (apart from with the opposition teams of course).

1000000% a QPR supporter. He's never hid that fact either.

Comment

Working...
                        X