It's getting pretty windy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's getting pretty windy...

...in Herts,as the remnants of the USA hurricane are starting to announce its arrival.Lets hope it doesn't spoil the game.I remember a few years back how the wind affected our match away to Wycombe.We were 2-0 (Tyson 2) down at half time playing against and as a direct result of the wind.We managed a 2-2 draw playing with the wind in the second half.At one point in the first half,a goal kick by the R's keeper went straight back to him without anyone else touching the ball,such was the strength of the wind.

Was it Rowlands who got our equaliser with that ridiculous shot from the touchline that went up and down and round like a plastic bag before nestling in the net?

I was sitting with the home fans in the upper tier of the new stand for that game. They weren't too impressed!

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
      ...in Herts,as the remnants of the USA hurricane are starting to announce its arrival.Lets hope it doesn't spoil the game.I remember a few years back how the wind affected our match away to Wycombe.We were 2-0 (Tyson 2) down at half time playing against and as a direct result of the wind.We managed a 2-2 draw playing with the wind in the second half.At one point in the first half,a goal kick by the R's keeper went straight back to him without anyone else touching the ball,such was the strength of the wind.
      i remember being at this match! If i remember rightly that day there were some funny old results coming in, showing the impact weather can have on a match!
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I know it's meant to miss us and pass up north, but blimey, if the game did get called off or abandoned it would have to be the biggest anti climax ever, given the enthusiasm we all have right now and having had to wait 2 weeks to see the new team play.....

Confident there won't be an issue though.....

Comment

just shut the roof..........oh hang on

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
            Was it Rowlands who got our equaliser with that ridiculous shot from the touchline that went up and down and round like a plastic bag before nestling in the net?

I was sitting with the home fans in the upper tier of the new stand for that game. They weren't too impressed!
            I think you're right Nodge.Windy conditions like that made the whole thing a farce and a lottery.Lets hope mother nature calms down before 8 pm tonight.

Comment

Dublin here guys. As its west to east moving then i guess what is happening here will be with u in a few hours. At the mo its dry but some very violent gusts every few mins. Probably around 60 miles an hour. Roof tiles rattling.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post

I remember that game, blimey just goes to show how far we have come.

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
                  I remember that game, blimey just goes to show how far we have come.
                  I remember that game well, It was a cross from the touchline from Rowlands that was carried in by the wind, think Gallen got the first.

And you're right- looking back at results and away days like that shows you just how far we have come.

Comment

Weather-related joke.
                    What's the difference between women and hurricanes?
                    No difference.
                    They're both noisy when they're coming, and when they're gone, so is the house and car.

I'd get my coat, but it seems to have blown away.

Comment

Working...
                    X