Good Turnout and Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Turnout and Report

Hard to put a figure on Rangers fans making the trip, I'd estimate around 1200and even though it was standing room only for many, we were treated with 2 different teams in the two halfs and a good solid performances from many.

First half, Cerny, Rose, Hall, Connolly, Borrowdale, Buzsacky, Mahon, Alberti, Routledge, Connolly and Helgusson..

Second half Cerny, Oastler, Gorkss, Ramage, Hogan, Vine, Legiterwood, Ageymang, Blackstock, Ainsworth, Balanta.

These friendlies are merely exercises to get fit and should never be taken too seriously, but you can see the way Magilton likes to play. The team were keen in both halves to play from the back and the diagonal ball from midfield and defence to the wings, was obvious for everyone to see. Gorman and Magilton like to get up and delegate and you could hear Magilton shouting instrusctions from the opposite side of the pitch.

First half, stand out for me was Buzsacky. His first touch is class and you just knew when he cut inside the defender, that he was going to score. For someone out for so long, you can tell it won't be long before he is back to his best. After his last injury, he came back a bit heavy. Not this time, he looked trimmer than yours truly. I would like to say Mahon looked assured and played better than Legiterwood did in the second half, both of whom played the same position. Surprising to see Alberti play centre midfield first half, but his passing too was very good. In regards to David Connolly, the jury is out. He was keen to impress, had some nice touches but unless you score in these kind of games the fans are not going to be singing for your signature. I just wish a player of this calibre came to us 2-3 years ago. Routledge done okay, and will scare anyone with his pace, but we are still to see the best of him. Hall and Connolly were assured as centre pairing. Few supporters said to me that Borrowdale played well, but I felt he was a little overweight and found himself out of position a few times and this comes from someone who wants him to do well.

Second half, I was actually disappointed with Vine, another who I felt may have put on the pounds in the summer (it might just be he has working on his upper body in the gym) and was not surprised to see him come off, but he did look down at his hamstring. One thing I would say, his touch is very good and he does link well with Ageymang/Blackstock and Balanta. Ainsworth, actually rinsed their left back a few times and got the one serious tackle of note in the whole game, when he did not hestitate in going into a 50-50. An impact player next season in the last 10-15 minutes, on this evidence thats definitely a possible. Ageymang took his goal well again he did nothing special, it will be a few weeks before we see his pace back to the level of last season. Its fair to say Ainsworth got the best reception from the fans, followed by Blackstock. He won the ball in the air well, though the defender was definitely at fault for his goal. After the game he was asked by a friend would he stay to which he replied " I will try and stay", he took it as an indication he would be off. Players are genuinely guarded when asked these questions by fans, so we will just have wait and see. I'd still say its 50-50, but clubs in the championship are definitely interested. Buzsacky is going nowhere and he is contracted to 2011.

A short video will be up later. It rained so we had to be careful. Still, don't know name of Italian but hopefully he will be Slovenia next week. I hope to take some footage of the game out there and keep the site updated, when I can.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Thanks for that pete-saw you filiming earlier!
    Now, Then, Forever
    [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

That was MYU, but the rain was teeming down at some points and we had to be careful, being in the open.
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Good report Pete,well done
        From the Hills of Kerry
        To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Working...
        X