Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Time 4-0

Great start for us and magilton you r'sss

u suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuperhooooooooooooooooooooopsa!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Good stuff, nice little win that.

Comment

Finally showing some guts.
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

And i believe that was my prediction in the earlier thread... nice.

I have a few mates who would've gone to support the Shots as i only live a few miles away in Fleet, unfortunately couldn't get there today as i had to look after the kids as the wife now works Saurdays.

Good to see them get a decent run out under their belts though and a few goals to build on.

Comment

should score 10 against that level of opposition.,time for my fellow r'ssss fans to become a lot more demanding. Roy Keane takes this approach an he aint faired bad.

Comment

Official Match Report

Two goals either side of half time were more than enough for Rangers, as they got their pre-season campaign off to a winning start with a fantastic display against Aldershot.

Strikes from Akos Buzsaky, Heidar Helguson, Patrick Agyemang and Dexter Blackstock ensured Jim Magilton's men of victory, and handed the former Ipswich man his first win as Rangers boss in front of a strong R's away following.

Magilton was given the luxury of naming a near fully-fit side, with the exceptions of Captain Martin Rowlands and Lee Cook (both knee). Damion Stewart missed out because of his ongoing international duties with Jamaica.

Such has been the magnitude of the R's injury problems in the past year that key players such as Buzsaky missed much of last season - but he started at The Recreation Ground, in a strong looking Rangers line up.

The game though did come a tad too quickly for new signing Alejandro Faurlin, an absentee due to the fact his international clearance was not given in time to face the Shots.

As the rain lashed down on a lush playing surface, it was visitors who had the first shot in anger, as they nearly took an early lead.

After a neat interchange between trialist David Connolly and Helguson, the latter collected the ball some 25-yards out before thundering a shot in on goal - only for the Icelandic forward to see his shot cannon off Shots custodian Mikael Jaimez-Ruiz's left-hand upright and out for a corner.

From the resulting corner, the ball found its way to Wayne Routledge, who played a clever pass to David Connolly on the edge of the area. Opening his body, the former Sunderland man sent in an exquisite curling shot, only to see his effort drift marginally over the bar.

The game was beginning to be played at a faster pace as the half progressed - with the Shots forcing Radek Cerny into a good save low down to his left after a Lewis Chambers free kick seemed to be heading for the bottom corner.

Though it was Rangers who were beginning to get the better of their opponents, and in the 25th minute they found themselves a goal to the good courtesy of Buzsaky.

Missed so much previously through injury because of his guile and indeed, because of his creativity - the Magical Magyar was found by Matteo Alberti out wide on the left.

Buzsaky then used his chest to bring the ball down, before cutting in past two men and unleashing an unstoppable shot into the top right-hand corner of the net.

And such was the dominance of the R's, they found themselves two up just a couple of minutes later. Buzsaky again found space down the left and sent a somewhat scuffed cross that deceived everyone but Helguson, who was on hand to put the match firmly in the hands of Rangers from close range.

It was as if Buzsaky had never been away and soon after, he played an integral part in what should have been a third for Rangers, his cross resulting in a goal mouth scramble, with the ball eventually finding Routledge - but he could only fire his shot into the side netting.

The hosts did have a chance to pull one back just before the break when a Louie Soares shot was fired in from 25-yards out, but that was not to bother Cerny who parried away down low to his left.

Such is the emphasis on fitness early on in pre-season, Rangers boss Magilton was keen to see every player collect 45 minutes under their belts, and true to his word he made several changes at the break.

The likes of Hogan Ephraim, Rowan Vine and Blackstock were all introduced at half time in a flurry of substitutions, and the R's were soon into their groove after the interval - racking up a third goal in the process.

In the 56th minute, Mikele Leigertwood found the ball in the centre of the park before sending Agyemang through on goal. Some may have become flustered, but the R's striker didn't, calmly slotting home past Nikki Bull to put the game beyond the hosts.

And Rangers weren't finished there. If anything, this was becoming somewhat of a rout - not least when Blackstock added a fourth in the 61st minute.

When Gareth Ainsworth's cross from the right caused confusion in the Aldershot ranks, the ball fell loose to the front man, who made no mistake from six-yards out.

Aldershot could have pulled a goal back when they were awarded a penalty later on, but Cerny was on hand to deny Danny Hylton, as the R's got off to a winning start in the opening game of their pre-season campaign.

Comment

Great start!

Comment

very good report thanks

good start rangers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                    should score 10 against that level of opposition.,time for my fellow r'ssss fans to become a lot more demanding. Roy Keane takes this approach an he aint faired bad.
                    actually Roy Keane's Ipswich lost there first Pre season friendly against finn harps, plus winning away 4-0 to Aldershot is better than being knocked out of the cup by Vauxhall motors.
                    Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Working...
                    X