Irons in the Fire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irons in the Fire?

So are the irons still in the fire or are we still biding our time to get one maybe two strikers in? Anyone know if were expecting any news over the next couple of days or is it likely to be next week now? Thanks

Nothing untill next week at the earliest.

Except the lad from United on loan.

Comment

Striker inbound it seems. Been told that nothing can be said at the moment in case it goes titties up. Heard again today we offered a flat 1.5 million for Cox in cash and then they started messing around so we told them where to go as we thought that was a blinding offer. Allegedly they just got £900K and then £500k in jan and £500k at the end of the season dependent on certain criteria...as we'd said f-off after they said our offer was paltry and then came crawling back
      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Cool thanks!! Nice!

Comment

"Bristol City manager Gary Johnson is confident he can lure Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink to Ashton Gate following his release from Celtic. (Daily Star)"

Comment

he is quality

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpy View Post
              "Bristol City manager Gary Johnson is confident he can lure Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink to Ashton Gate following his release from Celtic. (Daily Star)"
              Now there's a goal scorer
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

heard the fit again danny gabbidon is available.may do a turn for you?

Comment

sounds good scott, i was kinda hopeing we may see someone come in today though!, when do they leave for slovenia?
                  Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                    Striker inbound it seems. Been told that nothing can be said at the moment in case it goes titties up. Heard again today we offered a flat 1.5 million for Cox in cash and then they started messing around so we told them where to go as we thought that was a blinding offer. Allegedly they just got £900K and then £500k in jan and £500k at the end of the season dependent on certain criteria...as we'd said f-off after they said our offer was paltry and then came crawling back
                    Swallow pride - its not tough is it?

Cox at < £2m would be good business in an area we need to reinforce - a goalscorer. So, they came back and said, well okay, give us another bid; we say £1.5m up front and an extra £500k if we get to the playoffs OR get promoted. Seriously, in the scheme of things, its pathetic - if we wanted him and they did come back cap in hand, surely its then a buyers market?

Think this is going to fall into the Watson / Mancienne category of missed opportunity...

Comment

Have to say think Davman has a point. Its all v well to blame Swindon, Palace or whoever but at the end of the day other clubs have been walking off with key the players we want.

Comment

Working...
                      X