Keane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keane

Keane suggests he is going to spend £6m, but then you look who he has got so far - Delaney (who few of us thought good enough for our first team), Lee Martin who despite his Man U pedigree doesn't seem all that special and Troy Brown who I confess I don't know anything about. The next two players he claims to be close to signing might be brilliant, of course, but it just shows that a manager can splash the cash in double quick time but it doesn't necessarily give you a brilliant squad. Admittedly I know our players a lot better than their but still don't think I'd swap much of our squad for their's.

Ipswich Town manager Roy Keane has revealed he is close to signing two more players.

Speaking after his side's 2-1 friendly defeat at Finn Harps, he said: "We have agreed a price with two players who I hope to meet in the next 48 hours.

"At Sunderland I spent about £6m when I first arrived, if I can spend about £6m here and get this team promoted I'll be very pleased.

"There is also the option of one or two loan players."

The game against League of Ireland club Finn Harps was Town's first pre-season friendly and Keane thought it was a useful exercise: "I learned a lot about one or two of my players.

"I'm taking stock very quickly of what we have and what we don't have."

Ipswich have signed Lee Martin, Damien Delaney and Troy Brown so far this summer.

Did he not have a look at his squad for the last few games of the season then??
    God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

I loved Roy Keane as a player, don't think he will be a very good manager....... his signings for Sunderland were woeful...... I expect the same at IT, and he isnt convincing me any different by taking DD off our hands after such a shaky season for him.
      “You can keep that silly fat w@nker. The lads can't lift him”

Comment

Working...
      X