What a random and unnecessary signing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, he will dive
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by bpr11 View Post
      The Tuesday night thing came from another ridiculous post on the subject..... I'm from Central America and I have lived here since 1988 the weather here has never been a problem for me.

I get fed up reading these sweeping generalisations. They're sound bites that are heard by pundits or read in the paper that people just can't stop repeating until they believe it to be true.

Give our new signing a chance before saying he is lighweight will dive and wont like the weather simply because he is Latin American....
      Spot on mate!

Comment

The minimum temperture in the Argintine Capital is minus 2 degress today. Some people must think Argentina is in the carribean or something??
        @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Rieger View Post
          He isn't worth 3.5 million for a start. And secondly the only comparable midfielders we have to him are rowly, mahon and legs. Everyone complains about the latter two and rowly has been injured. So there we go. Your question answered.
          Firstly, I think the real figure that QPR have paid is nearer to £1.5M with the rest based on apps and QPR's success on the pitch.

He might not even get clearance and this could just be another publicity stunt
          Ruscedella anyone?

Secondly, the midfielders listed by Kingy10 includes many players who couldn't even keep hold of the ball for more than a few seconds, if that long.

Whilst the youtube video of Faurlin cannot really be relied on as a true base of his ability (can't compare the two leagues), he at least looks like he can control a ball quickly and pick out players with a pass. Something that neither Mahon or Leigertwood can do or did last season.

It has also been pointed out that Rowlands and Buzsaky are returning from serious knee injuries, which could mean that QPR would need to rely on the GM/ML combination (no thanks).

I will be pleased if this deal gets clearance, and provided Magilton and Gorman handle Faurlin's adjustment better than Dowie/Ainsworth and Sousa did with Parejo, Ledesma and Di Carmine, we should hopefully see a player that has the same or better, impact at QPR, as Gomez did at Swansea.

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
            None of us have any idea how good this bloke is. I would have preferred 3.5 million on some players who we knew had a good chance of improving our side. The purpose of my post was to say that this is a huge, expensive and unnecessary risk. Re-read points above as to why.

We could have spent this money on Vassell, Lita and Beckford and then I would be excited. Vassell ex England international, proven pace and goal scorer. The other 2 have got loads to prove. Great asset for a forward and something that our entire team lacked last season.
            Why could we have spent this on Vassell, Lita and Beckford?

Vassell - too old now
            Lita - We have enquired about but he wants a Premiership move
            Beckford - Funny how no one has snapped him up. Does that not tell you something

Further adding to this... Jim and John have seen the players in training what for 7 days... Also the transfer window has been open how long... 8days... Add to that on 7th day we spend £3.5million and yet still whinging? C'mon fella's we haven't had a single competitive game yet so how can Jim & John make proper judgements on who they want? Delaney and Camp made their minds up time ago that they were off, prior to Jim's arrival. The rest are fighting. Give it at least until August FFS!

Comment

Good debate. Let's wait and see.

One final thing is if he is that good why has he come to us?
              :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                Why could we have spent this on Vassell, Lita and Beckford?

Vassell - too old now
                Lita - We have enquired about but he wants a Premiership move
                Beckford - Funny how no one has snapped him up. Does that not tell you something

Further adding to this... Jim and John have seen the players in training what for 7 days... Also the transfer window has been open how long... 8days... Add to that on 7th day we spend £3.5million and yet still whinging? C'mon fella's we haven't had a single competitive game yet so how can Jim & John make proper judgements on who they want? Delaney and Camp made their minds up time ago that they were off, prior to Jim's arrival. The rest are fighting. Give it at least until August FFS!
                Exactly that.
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

Now believe me I really hope this bloke is brilliant but I can't help thinking that it is a total waste of time.

First of all I'm sure he won't get international clearance. Not even represented Argentina at any level.

Secondly Argentine second division is not in the same class as the Championship, maybe technically but not in work rate, strength, will to win plus weather conditions. Think Ledesma, Fantastic start until end of September then anonymous and then sent back. Think Parejo (usually on Real Madrid's bench now, but pretty awful for us. These blokes aren't cut out for the hurly burly of English football. Tevez is probably only example, but he plays like a Brit anyway. These blokes. if good enough, go to play in Spain. Simple as that.

Thirdly we surely surely surely do NOT need another midfielder!!!!
                  Legs
                  Mahon
                  Cook
                  Routledge
                  Buz
                  Vine
                  Rowlands
                  Alberti
                  Ephraim.

Our midfielder wasn't our weakest area last season, probably our strongest area actually, and we have Buzz and Vine (basically 2 new signings) returning.

What are these *****s doing. WE NEED FORWARDS!!!!! Please listen!!!!!!

all o the obove werent signed by magilton so who knows if any will stay doesnt a new manager always build his own squad???? :byebye:

Comment

Good debate. Let's wait and see.

One final thing is if he is that good why has he come to us?
                    Well if the article about paying 500k to Inter Milan to release him from the deal to join them is true, maybe he came to QPR for 1st team football. There might even be a 1st option to sell him to Inter in 2-3 years if he performs well.

Oh and as pointed out already, the weather in Argentina isn't always hot. In case some people dont know, it is a big country and goes almost down to the Antartica (where I believe it is nearly always blazing hot !!!
                    Last edited by stanistheman; 08-07-2009, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X