X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will the attendance be if.....

we spend the same amount on a striker, for the first match of the season

I'm going for a sell out on 3 sides off the ground, so looking around 16800

Lets see if the glory hunters come crawling out of the woodwork with their tails between their legs.

:boss:
    Last edited by W12_Ranger; 07-07-2009, 09:39 PM.

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post

Lets see if the glory hunters come crawling out of the woodwork with their tails between their legs.

Depends if the striker is a "name" or another unknown!!!
    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

W12 that is unfair to call them glory hunters.
      I think we all struggled to watch the dross last season and I wouldn't have called anyone a glory hunter or not a so called TRUE fan as it was painful to watch. The fans need to be entertained and this is a great way to pull fans back at high match day prices.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

unless dex goes cant see us spending 3mil on a striker.
        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
        Lovejoy: "No?!"
        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Glory hunters is the wrong word, but I bet if we spend 3 million on a big name striker, than you can expect a near sell out. It gets the juices flowing and fans suddenly start to get excited and that leads to bigger gates.
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Put it this way, I have a brother and three or four friends who are fans but are not obsessive prob like most of us on here are. Hell, they are normal. They pick their games, they go through periods of being really into it, then they might go two or three years of not being that engaged. Glory hunters? They have been around for a long time now, including quite a few away matches in the third tier. There are far easier ways to find glory. Think it is pointless getting into these "I'm a more dedicated fan than you" debates but as far as I'm concerned I want as many fans there as possible - and if some only became fans last week, so much the better!

Comment

all i want is a good atmosphere. when we first got took over the whole place was buzzing, and i think with a couple more shrewd signings and a good start Loftus Road will be rocking again

Comment

If I skip a few meals to buy a Season Ticket (being a student im really broke) I want to see some ambition from the club and Alejandro Damián Faurlín was good enough for me to go and renew my ST today. Now I admit that without a big signing I would have not renewed but I wanted some value for my money. Do you really consider me a glory hunter?

Comment

Comment

You are such a knob, get a life will ya
                    From the Hills of Kerry
                    To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      W12 that is unfair to call them glory hunters.
                      I think we all struggled to watch the dross last season and I wouldn't have called anyone a glory hunter or not a so called TRUE fan as it was painful to watch. The fans need to be entertained and this is a great way to pull fans back at high match day prices.
                      I like the way you've jumped on W12's back and yet you use the words "we all struggled to watch the dross last season". We wasn't that bad. The dross was watching the likes of Steffan Moore, Nardiello, Rainman, Cullip etc... Some fans have short memories. When Flav and Co. came in I never expected and overnight transformation. I was proud last season when the club I loved couped Real Madrids wonderkid, Ledesma, as well as signing Buzz, Vine, Hall, Cook, Routledge etc.. Some were not what we expected but at least we are targetting the right sort of players... Players no other board could attract or afford in the last 10years! It goes back to the Rome wasn't built in a day. We were never going to do a Chelsea in the transfer and quite frankly I'm glad we haven't. I want to watch footballers not playboys who only want cash!

Comment

They have been here rouhgly 2 years, in next 2 years we will be in the premiership. I make that 4 years in total
                        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by LeeCookFan View Post
                          If I skip a few meals to buy a Season Ticket (being a student im really broke) I want to see some ambition from the club and Alejandro Damián Faurlín was good enough for me to go and renew my ST today. Now I admit that without a big signing I would have not renewed but I wanted some value for my money. Do you really consider me a glory hunter?
                          Can you hear that...that faint sound in the distance....yes yes I can make it out now.....thats the sound of the smallest violin in the world playing a song just for you.

I don't do sob stories sorry for my unsympathetic response, I was on a wind up with the thread.

There is a serious point to it though and it really targets those who been throwing their toys out of the pram for past 3 months...upon reflection they must feel a bit stupid given the total lack of impatience they have demonstrated despite the club being on the up since Briatore et al got involved.
                          Last edited by W12_Ranger; 08-07-2009, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Can you hear that...that faint sound in the distance....yes yes I can make it out now.....thats the sound of the smallest violin in the world playing a song just for you.

I don't do sob stories sorry for my unsympathetic response, I was on a wind up with the thread.

There is a serious point to it though and it really targets those who been throwing their toys out of the pram for past 3 months...upon reflection they must feel a bit stupid given the total lack of impatience they have demonstrated despite the club being on the up since Briatore et al got involved.
                            Well im not trying to get you to feel sorry for me, im just making the point that I am way too broke to spend money on more 0-0 draws.

I really think the majority of all the anti-Flavio clan still have bought season tickets but are just unhappy about it. I understand your point that success will bring more people into W12 but calling us poor people glory hunters is a bit harsh.

Comment

Working...
                            X