Better than Mike Sheron?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better than Mike Sheron?

Will Faurlin be better than our previous record signing Sheron?

the only way faurlin could be worse than sheron is if he had only one leg

Comment

I don't think this new guy has cost us anywhere near £3.5m up front. I'm sorry but every purchase we have made in this "new era" has been for an undisclosed fee. Why do you think the fee for this one has been "let out of the bag"?

Comment

I know, that's what's worrying - this might be battered wife syndrome, but I keep thinking they are softening us up for something terrible.

Re Mike Sheron - I remember seeing him on his debut and convincing myself he was awesome, despite available evidence. Frustrating player, Sheron - seemed to have all the attributes but for some reason didn't do the business.

Comment

Originally posted by churchy View Post
          the only way faurlin could be worse than sheron is if he had only one leg
          This fella would probably be better than Sheron if he was 12.Sheron really was a major dissapointment.

Comment

i mentioned this earlier - very strange we have disclosed a supposed fee

not that i dont believe it though

more to come i hear

Comment

Originally posted by Wembley Ranger View Post
              i mentioned this earlier - very strange we have disclosed a supposed fee

not that i dont believe it though

more to come i hear
              Maybe they thought it would keep the fans happy to see the club investing decent money in players.If it was undisclosed we would be debating what low fee he cost,rather than expecting us to spend decent money.

Comment

Any word on a striker Wembley?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  Any word on a striker Wembley?
                  a few names have been mentioned

some a bit too ambtious if u ask me

others well within our reach

Comment

spill...

Comment

all depends if certain individual's drop there demands

not u i might add

Comment

sheron did grab a brace at sunderland didnt he ? i cant be sure as i left the game when we were 2 nil down
                        "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                        London Pride is a flower that's free.
                        London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                        And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                          I know, that's what's worrying - this might be battered wife syndrome, but I keep thinking they are softening us up for something terrible.

Re Mike Sheron - I remember seeing him on his debut and convincing myself he was awesome, despite available evidence. Frustrating player, Sheron - seemed to have all the attributes but for some reason didn't do the business.
                          Have you not thougth that the board might be wanting to make a statement here? I suppose the only way they'll win people over is if we sign someone else for similar money now who we all know who is proven in this country. I too have doubts about the fee up front but also know the FA would come down hard on us if this was a BS story!

I still can't believe that no one has reported this as something like 'QPR Smash their transfer record on Argentine whizzkid'. NOT ONE MENTION anyway I've seen of us beating our Transfer record.
                          Last edited by Dazzer1977; 08-07-2009, 10:02 AM.

Comment

I have a confession to make...

I had Sheron's name printed on the back of my shirt when i was younger!

Comment

can not be any worse surely though they play in different positions
                              Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

Working...
                              X