• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
    dual nationality - no issues

paperwork should be back by saturday
    Italian/Argie?

Comment

They must be very confident, otherwise they would not have announced it.
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I still can't believe his middle name is Damian. Doesn't sound very Southern American does it?

Comment

Jermaine Darlington needed International Clearance to play for AFC Wimbledon after leaving Cardiff....

AFC Wimbledon didnt know that though and it cost them quite a few points....

Comment

IIRC All players from outside the EU need international permission if they haven't played a certain percentage of games for their international side!

Comment

he agreed a deal worth 3.5 mil, that does not mean we have paid 3.5 mil for a player, theres no chance of us doing that.

Comment

They can't be talking about his wages.
                He wouldn't be on that much!
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

We could pick holes but a "deal worth 3.5 million", indicates its 3.5 million.

Might include add ons who knows, but thats what the deal is worth. You don't an.nounce its worth 3.5 million if its worth 1 million
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Well I guess Ledesma was on an option to buy for 3m Euros which puts it in some perspective, but still, I'm hugely encouraged by this signing. And that's not just because he may turn out to be a great player. Perhaps more importantly it shows the board is, if anything, more determined and focused than ever. Amid all the talk of debts, balancing of books etc I think many of us were starting to fear that the money men were growing disillusioned and disengaging, particularly after Bernie's lesser spotted comments (amid all the disgusting Hitler adulation) that it wasn't much fun at QPR because we kept on buying the wrong players and choosing the wrong managers.
                    I think Pete is right - they are unlikely to splash out on just one v expensive player. There must have been a decision at the highest level that it was time to stop messing about. We might all be being duped of course and when the deal is finally unravelled it shows that infact we have paid virtually nothing up front and it is all a v clever marketing exercise; but hey, we as a fan base demanded the board showed they were serious, and this is pretty strong evidence that they are. For this reason alone, it might prove to be the most significant signing yet...

Comment

I think Alejandro must have a European passport (lots of Argentinians have dual Argentinian/Italian nationality).

Basically the rules state if a player is not of European citizenship they need to apply for a work permit. This work permit will only be issued if the player is deemed of suitable standard (i.e a current international).

Comment

I think the player for us who never got international clearance was one Gregory Goodrich IIRC
                        God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                          I still can't believe his middle name is Damian. Doesn't sound very Southern American does it?
                          What is it with our club and Damians?

Damion Stewart

Damien Delaney

Damian Faurlin

Who's next, Damien Omen II?

Oh, and if any player out there has a different spelling of the name "Damien", congratulations, you're next to sign.

Comment

How about David "Damian" Nugent?
                            oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Working...
                            X