What about a striker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about a striker?

Sorry to sound repeptitive, and impatient - but any news on a striker? Great news if we sign this Argy guy but it still doesnt fill me with any more confidence than before- as we know nothing about him. In my view, a striker is a MUST, but ive hardly heard anything about one yet? Surely a proven striker and left back are our main priorities?

Exactly!
    http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

David Connelly. Perhaps another freebie or loan.

You don't expect them to PAY for one, do you??

Comment

Come on pete - you mentioned three strikers the other day of which any one of them would be great, for me it would be Miller but was it posted as strikers that you would want us to buy or was it a rumour you heard??????

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
          Sorry to sound repeptitive, and impatient - but any news on a striker? Great news if we sign this Argy guy but it still doesnt fill me with any more confidence than before- as we know nothing about him. In my view, a striker is a MUST, but ive hardly heard anything about one yet? Surely a proven striker and left back are our main priorities?
          I think the word you're looking for Dando is "repetitive" which is something I'm accused of on this message board.Your dead right,you have to keep repeating yourself in the vain hope that someone at HQ is listening.We all know that our team were the lowest scorers in the entire division last season,yet apart from being linked with freebee journeymen in the striking dept.our directors choose to do nothing about it.David Connoly has had 5 games in TWO YEARS and not scored - shows gtreat ambition on the part of the club that does.At least teams like Sheff.Utd are chasing everything in sight,their latest is a £2m offer for Ched Evans. I've emailed the club again today in the vain hope that they will speculate to accumalate.£1m or 2 now may well reap £60m if we get promoted.

Comment

its only the th of July, so i see that there is still a lot of time - but its just the fact that it doesnt even sound apparent that we are after anyone. Even if we keep Dex, we stil need another striker - its clear as anything to all of us. Even a year ago, it was clear we needed someone up front - and now even after a season of scoring less goals than the bottom team in the division, there are still no obvious links of us with a striker. Until one is signed, i am starting to feel less optimistic about the season again. Buzz and Vine are a major boost, but we still need a key player to poach us the goals. Its getting frustrating - but maybe i am being impatient?

Comment

Working...
            X