Sousa to swansea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sousa to swansea.

According to QPR Report,Paulo Sousa looks favourite to take over at Swansea.Can't help thinking Briatore made a mistake letting him go,even though he was a bit of a tinkerman.

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
    According to QPR Report,Paulo Sousa looks favourite to take over at Swansea.Can't help thinking Briatore made a mistake letting him go,even though he was a bit of a tinkerman.
    I'm not so sure mate.
    Harsh with the time frame he had, but he hardly set us playing great football.

Only time will tell I suppose.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

he was poor

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
        he was poor
        Possibly a harsh comment seeing as he stopped us leaking goals.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
          Possibly a harsh comment seeing as he stopped us leaking goals.

Yeah but that's only half the job... he also stopped us scoring goals which is more important. They would rather leak goals but score more if it delivered results.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
            Yeah but that's only half the job... he also stopped us scoring goals which is more important. They would rather leak goals but score more if it delivered results.
            Granted, but with Buzz, Rowlands, Vine and Aggy missing for most of his reign, he was hardly spoilt for choice going forward. Dropping Dex (whatever people may say) was a bad mistake on his behalf, because Hieder who quite embarrasingly got away with missing chance after chance while Dex got the brunt of abuse was absolutely woeful.

Changing players around was another mistake, but eother way, there were still positives from his time in charge.

Besides, scoring goals is not necessarily more important...just look at De Canio's results...We may have scored, but leaking just as many goals (and in many cases, more...) was hardly the way forward.

Build from the back, and all that...

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
              he was poor
              Is that all you can say he was poor?
              Jee whizz man he wern't that bad. I had to laugh at your comment I really did.
              He was given a squad which he used and the squad was average at best. He did well in my opinion and kept us in the first half of the table as well as De Canio did two seasons ago you can say it was a good achievement with that squad we had. We were never going to be contenders for promotion with that squad.

Comment

If Sousa gets the job, don't expect them to be a threat.
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  You'll be eating those words come Christmas!

Comment

Why is that? :what:

Comment

You don't get out of this league, playing one up front for starters, I could go on, but doubt he would last the season
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by Cait. View Post
                        Is that all you can say he was poor?
                        Jee whizz man he wern't that bad. I had to laugh at your comment I really did.
                        He was given a squad which he used and the squad was average at best. He did well in my opinion and kept us in the first half of the table as well as De Canio did two seasons ago you can say it was a good achievement with that squad we had. We were never going to be contenders for promotion with that squad.
                        Well said Cait.I think given time (and not too much of that will be needed) he will do well.I think he was popular with our players and Swansea aren't bad judges - just look at Martinez.Whoever appoints Sousa,if its a Championship side he will come back to haunt us and in particular Briatore.

Comment

You don't get out of this league, playing one up front for starters, I could go on, but doubt he would last the season

Not this again.

YAWN!

He wasn't given enough resouces upfront and even having Blackstock when given the chnace he missed chance after chance.

Also when he played two up front it still didn't work!

SO in conclusion our strikerforce was ****! Not the manager.

Comment

Swansea fans know more then we do,
                            one Swansea fan

"Sousa was clueless at QPR" not my comments but from a Swansea fan.

2-5 Sousa, so if he goes 1-9 than I will be delighted for Swans fans

Comment

I've not met one fan who physically watched the games (instead of getting biased views from boards), that was happy. Even my mate Bennyr's has fallen for the Messageboard propaganda. The guy did not have a scooby.

Only an opinion of course

Comment

Working...
                              X