X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newcastle prepare to swoop on QPR players

Ealing Gazette - Newcastle prepare to swoop on QPR players
    Jun 17 2009 By Paul Warburton

NEWCASTLE are preparing a £6 million swoop for THREE QPR players.

The fallen Premiership giants want defenders Fitz Hall and Damien Delaney – and are also ready to hijack Dexter Blackstock’s proposed move to Nottingham Forest.

The Magpies believe the trio will boost their chances of getting back to the top flight at the first time of asking – and are ready to broker a deal once they offload £30m-worth of wages currently picked up by a failing squad.

However, Newcastle will be challenging Rs’ own ambitions next season, and have been told it would take a ‘mega-bucks’ deal before the two clubs even get around a table.

"You can imagine selling players to our rivals," said a source, "that’s not the way to get promotion. But money always speaks in football – and it depends on how much Newcastle really want them."

Blackstock was on his way to Forest – but your favourite local paper can reveal no formal offer has been lodged by the east Midlanders, leaving the way open for Newcastle to come in at the 11th hour.

Delaney is wanted by Roy Keane at Ipswich as well – but new Rs boss Jim Magilton is reluctant to sell the Irish international to the club that sacked him in April.

And to prove those in Hoops won admirers despite failing to get into the play-offs of a season punctuated by three managers – West Bromwich Albion are eyeing Matt Connolly.

The central defender switched to left-back and did a good job keeping Delaney out towards the end of the season.

But once again, Rs would be reluctant sellers.

A source said: "Everyone has said the current squad is good enough – and this interest proves it."

Have your say on the latest news and sport in our Forums

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport...3489-23899317/

christmas come early?

Seriously if we were able to replace sensibley then 6million for that trio would be a blinding bit of business
    Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Delaney I went off last season, Hall (I am told by others on here) has an attitude problem. Neither are likely to be first choice next season if we are able to keep Connolly and certainly if we sign Spurr. Dexter I'd only like to go if we bring in quality reinforcements but if he is more or less certain to go anyway, why not for that money. Amazing if remotely true...

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        Delaney I went off last season, Hall (I am told by others on here) has an attitude problem. Neither are likely to be first choice next season if we are able to keep Connolly and certainly if we sign Spurr. Dexter I'd only like to go if we bring in quality reinforcements but if he is more or less certain to go anyway, why not for that money. Amazing if remotely true...
        tbh it wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if there was some weight behind this rumour. To me it smacks of a club in desperation paying over the odds prices for players who they wrongly perceive will get them promoted back to the big time.
        Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Wonder if Blackstock goes to Newcastle United, whether we will still be saying he is not good enough for us.
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Newcastle must want to get relegated again next season £6 mil for them three would be great business.Doesn't look like Forest want Blackstock as they are getting other forwards in.All three might not be regulars for us next season anyway.Take the money and run.

Comment

The story is a load of rubbish but I posted it for the amusement value.

Simple question: Who at Newcastle would have the authorisation to spend £6m on new players?

Answer: Nobody.

Comment

don't particularly want Blackstock to go but £6m for those three!! get the job done ASAP

Comment

Sounds more like QPR putting the players in the shop window and trying to inflate the price.

Now who on earth would their sources be, and I wonder if they got paid?
                  QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    Wonder if Blackstock goes to Newcastle United, whether we will still be saying he is not good enough for us.
                    I will be saying that.

Anyway 6million lmao if it happens! :bad_smile:
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Was this in the Sport next to ET seen out with Jordan.
                      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

It may seem ridiculous, but then I bet some of the clubs who sold Newcastle journeyman p,layers at astronomical prices over the last few years were also laughing to the bank. I just hope we won't be offered any exchanges because other than the handful of Newcastle players who will go straight off to Premiership clubs there don't look to be a lot of players there that wd do much for us - exception to that might be Nicky Butt, a great signing if he doesn't get snapped up by a lower level premiership team.

Comment

A Smith i would not mind
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Clunge View Post
                            Sounds more like QPR putting the players in the shop window and trying to inflate the price.

Now who on earth would their sources be, and I wonder if they got paid?
                            Agreed no one in their right mind would consider a bid of £6 million for those 3.

I'd except £3 million for the trio let alone £6 million if there is any substance in this story.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                              A Smith i would not mind
                              A smith.... A Blacksmith! Goldsmith or a WH Smith
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                              X