Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR will play with style - Gorman

Gorman is happy to be back in football

QPR's new assistant manager John Gorman believes the club's fans will enjoy watching their team next season.

The Scot has resumed his partnership with new Rangers boss Jim Magilton after they worked together at Ipswich.

Gorman, 59, told BBC London 94.9: "I'm just so happy to get back into football so quickly and play the style of football that Jim and I want to play.

"I'm sure that will suit the QPR fans because they do like to see good, quality football."

Gorman, who was Glenn Hoddle's right-hand man when he managed England and has also had spells in charge of Swindon, Wycombe and Northampton, is impressed with the players at his disposal at Loftus Road.

I proved that even in the lower levels you can play good football

"It's a really good squad here. They might need a couple more players just to strengthen things but, generally, you look at the players and think that's a good squad and any club in the Championship would love to have it.

"We will play a style of football that Jim played as a player and as a manager. We do pass the ball through the midfield and we like to create chances and get crosses in and I think the fans will enjoy it.

"I've always been adamant about this, whatever team I go to. I know we want to win but we want to win with a bit of style and, even when I was manager of Wycombe, I proved that even in the lower levels you can play good football."

Magilton was sacked after three years at Ipswich in April, just a few weeks after QPR sacked their previous manager Paulo Sousa but Gorman is not concerned about the high turnover of managers at at the West London club in recent times.

"To be fair, I think have realised that [regularly changing managers] is not the way to go. I think they feel that's why they've got people in like us.

"I'm hoping they give us the chance to really get on with the job. It's not going to be an easy job because everybody's expectations are very high but I really feel that they've said they'll give us a real chance to get our teeth into it."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pr/8103885.stm

If we played like Jim's and John's Ipswich side then i'll be happy. :greedy:
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Sounds promising.

QPR fans want good football and to be successful we have to pick up points away from home and these two have a better record of that then any of our last few managers had. With the fixtures out shortly and the rumours of imminent signings I'm getting quite excited.

Comment

After listening to the radio interview I'm looking forward to the season ahead and a few additions seem a certainty.

Last season was a mess, so let's draw a line under it, move on, put it behind us and at the end of the day - onwards and upwards!!!

Comment

Working...
        X