• Show
Clear All

• If Every Home Game Was Just Twenty Notes

How would it change your views
    I would Go To many More
    20.00%
    I would Go Practically Every Home Game
    36.00%
    Season Ticket, Would Not Bother me If Fans paid less Per Game?
    12.00%
    Season Ticket Holder, I Would Not Want Fans Playing Less for A Game
    32.00%
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

The moaners will just find something else to complain about and probably still demand we spend fortunes on transfers as the board is rich.

Comment

I think it comes down to what each person can afford, some are better off than others therefor some are happy to pay £30, whilst it's a little to much for others.

I think it's a good idea but I would say that

Comment

you moaning about moaners?

Comment

LR would be packed to the rafters.

As long as ST holders got a rebate to make a ST worthwhile I'd vote for it
          Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

i would be annoyed as a st holder, basically crapping on the most loyal fans who go to every game.

Comment

Where is your solidarity?

If a member of your family could only afford to go if it was £20, you wouldn't mind

Surely, we should think about fans who may not have as much money?
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

if they gave rebate to ST holders to make them reasonable then its fine and dandy.

Comment

its a tough world pete. People who are less fortunate will have to pick and choose games. Cant exactly mug off the more wealthy people for being rich.

Comment

Then my season ticket would only be 460 I would take that

Comment

How about an option for, wouldn't change much as go when i am available to go anyway. Restrictions such as work and social activities prevent attendance to games, not cost changing from £25/23 to £20. What's a few pound when you have to pay so much in travel and beverage costs? I could always but 3 cans of Stella and sit outside rather than pay £3.50 for a pint in a pub.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                        Where is your solidarity?

If a member of your family could only afford to go if it was £20, you wouldn't mind

Surely, we should think about fans who may not have as much money?
                        There are a lot of fans out there who will plead poverty over the whole ST debate etc yet will happily sit in a pub all weekend or spend £40 a week on fags.

There are those where special concessions should apply OAP's, Children & Disabled - and I believe they do.

16-18 year olds complaining I suggest you go and get a ****ing job like I did when I was your age.

If you are of a working age in good health and you can't afford to go to games, maybe you have lost your job or can't afford to take your kids anymore then IMO you have more important things to concern yourself with than a QPR season ticket. I understand some supporters feel they have been dealt a harsh blow by the board but in reality supporting your football team is a costly game and will only get more expensive should we get to the Premier League.

I feel ST's are £100 overpriced across the board, what they should be IMO is

Platinum £600
                        Gold £500
                        Bronze £400

Restricted views in the different zones should be 25% cheaper.

So we pay £100 too much for our ST's IMO, I think its a small price to pay for still having a football club to support.

I don't mean to come across as insensitive but this is a business of which has been a failing one for the past 15 years.
                        Last edited by W12_Ranger; 15-06-2009, 03:01 PM.

Comment

W12 Ranger

I know what you mean, and agree that the prices are around £100 more than they should be (although, I would say £150).

In the last two seasons I have had a ST and didn't mind all the promotional fixtures where QPR sold tickets at £10 or so, because it was a chance to get more fans in to support the team.

I think some of the benefits of having a ST is that there is no queue, and if you are lucky enough to have a clear view of the pitch, you know you will have this seat for all the home games, and every season if you renew on time.

I don't really care too much if the ST price for these benefits meant that it was actually slightly cheaper to pay on a match by match basis.

I don't think all fans can afford the prices QPR are charging, hence the lower attendances. On winning promotion, QPR were regularly attracting 15,000. This was mainly down to prices being so much more affordable. I don't think it is a coincidence that QPR hard a very formidable home record that season.

I would like to see the club trying to help the fans in the current financial crisis.

Offering the fans a chance to pay for STs on an interest free instalment plan or even a quarterly season ticket might attract more buyers.

Comment

Stanistheman

a lot of people often throw this 15000 attendance figure about and its a curious one with me because something else I contribute to a fall in attendances is the number of supporters who stopped going because they had to pay for a ticket. During the Paladini / Ollie days people blagging there way in for nothing or getting concessions was rife. Don't ever quote me on it but I once heard a figure branded about up to 2000 on matchdays were not paying or at least the right price. Add to that a recession and a few stayaways and its easy to see why our attendances may tail of this season.

I know people who spat blood out at the thought of having to buy a season ticket at our prices last season - yet needed reminding it was years since they had actually paid to watch QPR in the first place.
                            Last edited by W12_Ranger; 15-06-2009, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X