X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about astroturf...

..anyone else got a piece?

Remember that day very well.

People started running on the pitch, I wanted to..asked my dad..and he was like.."as long as you dont tell ya mum!" he picked me up and we sprinted over the front of the lower loft onto the hallowed turf ;D

We were clawing at the pitch with our hands, literally grabbing little strands of the stuff and, this is something I'll never forget, a guy next to us..he was bearded and had dave thomas (akutrs) style hair suddenly pulled from his trousers a pair of garden shears A big f-off, foot long, proper pair of bloddy shears. I remember thinking.."how the heck did he smuggle those in??".

All around us people were whipping out stanley knives and kitchen knives - obviously better prepared than me dad!

Some guy cut us a few pieces with some scissors :victory:

Then i saw some police horses charging from the school end. bricked meself! Me dad picked me up and sprinted back to the loft.

And then he said again "dont tell ya mum and i'll buy you sausage and batter n chips on the way home"

lofl
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Got one of the bits the club sold off in the presentation box!

Comment

nope, but run on the pitch V Palace quarter final of the FA CUP.

Remember those days, you could actually run on the pitch at the end of the season, pity they stop it now.

Seem to remember a few games where the police horses used to come on the pitch to prevent your running to the away end
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

quality story scott ;D
        im sure the couldnt stop everyone who wants to get on the pitch like the ones at preston couldnt lol
        next season last game its on :bad_smile:

Comment

Originally posted by qprsuttz View Post
          quality story scott ;D
          im sure the couldnt stop everyone who wants to get on the pitch like the ones at preston couldnt lol
          next season last game its on :bad_smile:

Was a good day mate ;D
          Till the day i die I'll never forget the bloke with the bloody garden shears :exciting:

ahhh, the loft as a terrace...memories
          Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

wish they would have it back again for us younger lot to experience it i would love it.
            and i thought getting in a few cans of beer was bad :bad_smile:

Comment

ahh the plastic..

happy days but i wouldn't want it back.
              Arguing with a scientist is like wrestling a pig in mud... sooner or later you;ll realise you're muddy and he's enjoying it.....

Comment

I have some pieces somewhere from when they laid it. Bit like the offcuts from when they lay a carpet.
                18th August 2011. The day we got our Rangers back

Comment

Working...
                X