new Style Season Ticket - Need a home friendly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Style Season Ticket - Need a home friendly

recently, the club announced that the Season Ticket will be a credit card version, as available at a lot of premiership grounds. Forgive me if i'm wrong, but I can't see a home friendly fixture lined up so that fans can test these cards b4 the start of the new season.
    I ran the turnstile operation at FFC for a few seasons and this same format was introduced. They arranged a night for fans to turn up, enter the ground and test the cards, and then had a home friendly game.
    The card sysyem is very easy once up and running. The operators will insist that you place the card in the machine, but I let fans know that they could just touch the reader (like an oyster card) and it would let them gain entry. Its when you use the paper tickets that will still need to be purchased by those fans turning up on a match by match basis. Sometimes the readers don't scan, the barcode could be wet etc, and you need to teach some fans what way to put the ticket in the reader (i kid you not!!)
    I wonder if they increase the barriers within the turnstiles an make it a completely automated service with no turnstile operators? Couln't do this at FFC as the buildings along Stevenage Rd were listed and we couldn't increase the barriers, hence operators still being there (although I believe it defeats the object of a card system!!)

good to know, thanks. Would be a good idea to have a friendly but would that not have to be a freebie then because the card would only allow league fixtures on it? cant see the club giving anything away for free. Also how hard is it to swip a card lol that will be the clubs argument.

Comment

Welcome to the board!

Cheers for the info. Makes perfect sense to test these out pre season - else it will be carnage
      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Welcome Chris

Comment

Alright Ben / Scott,
          good to be back on here.

Following on re the new style card, you can buy tickets for cups game etc and these are added onto your card to allow you to gain entry and keep your same seat. the same would be applicable to a friendly game or test night etc

Comment

Lets hope they test it first mate in a pre- season game, otherwise i can see it going titts up first home game of the season and many people being stuck outside at kick off

Comment

Working...
            X