sell connolly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but

but the real problem was that the team of qpr had been built through the brilliant buying skills of jago
    dave sexton was a brilliant coach but a poor manager
    he bought all old players so that we had no assetts to sell,and we will always be a selling club because if arsenal are a selling club with a average gate of 60 000 then we must also be a selling club
    but if we had sold some of our best players we could not replace them because sexton cant by and sell players ,so its so very hard to get the balance right,

Comment

at the risk of asking a redundant point, do you have ANYTHING to contribute from the last 10 or so years, or are you going to continue bleating on about Venables and Sexton?

i feel like i'm in an episode of Ashes to Ashes...
      RUN, MWEPU, RUN! CHARGE FORTH AND BOOT THAT BALL DOWNFIELD MY BOY, YOU MAGNIFICENT CHAMPION YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
        qprmarc in an ideal world of course i would like to keep connolly but sometimes you need to realise that we are currently broke season tickets are down the sale of connolly and purchase of simon cox and beckford mean we become favourites for promotion season tickets go through the roof and we get promoted its like that sometimes
        we must be ready and able to make decisions
        alex ferguson wont be upset about ronaldo for long he will go out and buy some brilliant young tallent
        we must try to copy ferguson
        DFE, I don't see how selling Connolly will make QPR a better side. Connolly is one of the best young defenders around. He and Gorkss can be a great central defensice pairing.

You say Stewart is class,but I disagree. whilst he had a vastly improved season, his distribution is poor and his concentration levels even poorer. He was partially or fully responsible for a number of goals QPR conceded last season, including Burnley's equaliser at LR, and their winner in the FA Cup, Norwich's winner, an avoidable og at Doncaster and the Wolves winner.

Connolly isn't perfect, but is younger and will improve, which is more than I can say for Stewart.

Delaney is normally a CH, but we don't really know how good he is there, and his distribution is quite poor too. Same for Ramage. Hall is nowhere near as good as we thought he would be.

So for me, selling Connolly would leave us with just one reliable defender.

Now for buying Cox and Beckford. You seem to be so sure that they wil continue their League 1 scoring ratio in the CCC. Yet, recent history suggests that many lower league strikers struggle to adapt. Sam Parkin, Billy Sharp, Freddy Eastwood, Lee Trundle to name a few. Now you suggest QPR sell Connolly to gamble all on two lower league strikers.

I know history has QPR as a selling club, but if the owners truly want to win promotion, then I suggest that selling the best players is not the way to go about it.

P.S. I read something last week about Man U selling Ronaldo and a comparison was made when Juventus sold the World's best player at the time, Zidane, to RM. Juventus have never really made a full recovery from that decision and have struggled in the CL, whilst RM went on to win a few domestic titles, & the CL.

It's not quite in the same league, but QPR selling Connolly for £5M? minus Arsenal's sell on fee, will in my opinion, weaken the defensive base of the QPR team and risk what slim hopes QPR have on winning promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
          DANDO football if you are a small club is putting money into the correct places
          stewet and gorrks are brilliant also dont forget delaney is also a brilliant cente half rammage also can play center half as can fitz hall lets not hang around we need strikers
          simon cox and beckford can fire us into the prem dont forget we can if we want buy back ****tu for 500 000
          if chelsea can sell jimmy greaves then we can sell matt connolly lets not screw this up lets get this thing cooking
          ok lets sell buzsaky while we are at it.

get a couple of million for him, sign a league 1 striker instead cos we have too many midfielders...

Comment

Working...
          X