Reminisce Thread Todays Team Arsenal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminisce Thread Todays Team Arsenal

During the summer period some of us might look back at seasons past (I know I do) so i thought i would start a thread about looking back at games against certain teams.

Todays team will be Arsenal and would love you to share you memories whether its the 6-0 loss or Adams sticking his fingers up!

For me i remember the FA Cup replay at Loftus Rd when we ended up knocking them out 2-0. Kenny Samson hit a low 30 yard shot. That goal is still one of my favourite goals at the Loft End. Then on 90 mins a classic QPR break away and Sinton cut in from the left and it was all over.

Oh happy days!

My memory is seeing us win 3-1 at Loftus Road can't remember the season would have been the 90s though! I remeber my dad commenting that day that Chris Kiwomya (who at the time played for Arsenal) was one of the worst players he had ever seen...shortly after we bought him!

Comment

i was at that game leewads good atmo that nite.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
        i was at that game leewads good atmo that nite.
        Do you ever watch West Ham lol ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
          My memory is seeing us win 3-1 at Loftus Road can't remember the season would have been the 90s though! I remeber my dad commenting that day that Chris Kiwomya (who at the time played for Arsenal) was one of the worst players he had ever seen...shortly after we bought him!

We beat them 3-1 away that season aswell, The game you mentioned was when jenson finaly scored bradley allen and gallen and i cant remember who else scored for us.

HAPPY DAYS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5WQ8phrh7A
          Last edited by nuffieldranger; 15-06-2009, 07:26 AM.
          Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Well I remember my first visit to Highbury in 68, lost 2-1, I was only a kid of 13 and having watched us in Div 3 at places like Oxford only 15-16 months before, it was like we had "arrived" 50,000+ crowd.
            75-6, 2-1 win in last but one Home game, when we thought we'd be Champions.
            80's, won 2-0 there, Ian Stewart curled a beautiful shot round Pat Jennings.
            But the thing I remember most was a League Cup game in the 70's, we were absolutely taking the "pass" out of them, two of our lads were tapping the ball back and forth to each other in front of one Alan Ball. Bally was running to each one in turn, closing them down, challenging. His team mates just stood and watched him, doing nothing to help get the ball back, so he turned round and absolutely laid into them, shaking his fist at them all! He got roundly jeered by the R's fans, but at least he was trying! Top man Bally, my mate used to run the line on the old Football Combination, saw Ball play for Arsenal reserves which was basically him and ten kids, spent the entire game coaching them, and encouraging them.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
              Do you ever watch West Ham lol ?

unfortunately.....yes;D;D

Comment

Originally posted by leewads View Post
                During the summer period some of us might look back at seasons past (I know I do) so i thought i would start a thread about looking back at games against certain teams.

Todays team will be Arsenal and would love you to share you memories whether its the 6-0 loss or Adams sticking his fingers up!

For me i remember the FA Cup replay at Loftus Rd when we ended up knocking them out 2-0. Kenny Samson hit a low 30 yard shot. That goal is still one of my favourite goals at the Loft End. Then on 90 mins a classic QPR break away and Sinton cut in from the left and it was all over.

Oh happy days!
                What a great night and game that was. Wegerle ran rings around them in the teeming rain........2 world class goals too

Comment

Ian Stewart super run and then scoreing in a 2-0 win at Highbury.About 10 QPR trying to take the North Bank one season Ha Ha.Also at Highbury the linesman /women cant remember which with the Thalidermite arms.Kept shouting offside throw in etc as the said offish ran.Not nice but funny as at the time.The giant screen at the clockend getting missiled by us around xmas time with G Rix advertising Gunners Xmas cards.
                  Gunners in the end of the Paddock and it kicking off in the loft same game .Got my mate nicked as lent round him and punched a mouthy gooner.Cops thought was my mate and off to OB shop for him.Arsenal on the pitch kicking the big Guiness glass that used tobe on the pitch.

GUS CESAR nuff said there.
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Remember a first game of the season at Highbury in 91, crammed into the clock end on a very hot Saturday. Rangers go 1 up very early on only for the #### to equalise late on.

Comment

Originally posted by NewCrossHoop View Post
                      Remember a first game of the season at Highbury in 91, crammed into the clock end on a very hot Saturday. Rangers go 1 up very early on only for the #### to equalise late on.
                      Dennis Bailey, hallelujah, hallelujah!

Gerry's first game as manager. Merson equalised in the last minute. Chelsea barsteward

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                        Dennis Bailey, hallelujah, hallelujah!

Gerry's first game as manager. Merson equalised in the last minute. Chelsea barsteward
                        Exactly the game i was going to refer to, great afternoon out Rs everywhere.

Comment

me shouting at merson from the lower loft when he took a dive "get up merson, you cant smoke that grass". was one of those moments when the crowd had gone quiet and it sounded very bloody loud - made a fair few chuckle. (probably the last funny thing ive ever said lol)
                          Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

[QUOTE=nuffieldranger;71208]We beat them 3-1 away that season aswell, The game you mentioned was when jenson finaly scored bradley allen and gallen and i cant remember who else scored for us.

HAPPY DAYS

Simon Barker scored

Comment

Working...
                            X