reasons why we wont challenge for promotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reasons why we wont challenge for promotion

i think many on here are deluded as to how good they think we really are in this division..........whilst our defense is relatively sound i believe our midfield n forwards to be no better than mid table ccc at best.........face the facts..........viney n co aint got a 20 goal a season poacher between them.........buzz is an injury waiting to happen and routledge flatters to deceive most games!....cookie is not good enough n leggs n mahon........says it all really...........i think unless five new players of higher calibre than what we've already got dont come in............its mid table mediocrity all the way!!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

facto mondo

facto mondo a fact filled post which showswhy you are currently top of the top posters on this board i expect you to win the dexteforengland award which is the most coveted award through out the message board net work

but the point you raise is a valid one but its being rectomondowed right now simon cox is being heavily chased but also in addition two... one million pound strikers are being sauced out for the club
    my own inside man tells me that three strikers have been guarateed to magilton so i expect these three players will hit the back of the net with much regularity

us shaven headed broken nosed ex boxers know there football factomondomagnificento

Comment

Got to disagree with you Factamondo, Vine, Buzz and Routledge when all fit and on form are as good as, if not better than anything this division has to offer. What they need is to get a big stretch of games under their belt and then we will see them blossom. I agree we need goalscorers but we've all known that for ages.

Comment

well

well if we look at these fantastic players that gianni has lined up even if we sell connolly dellaney camp blackstock leighterwood raising nine and a half milion pound
        we still have routledge who has never played for us under a manager before
        so he could become valued at five million pound and play for england
        as could buzsacky also be worth five million
        if dexte goes i may change my name to routledgeforengland
        wayne is capable of being better than dave thomas if only he could produce that final result being it a cross or a strike at goal he needs to get his nose onto the grindstone and really work at his game
        his greatest gift is his pace......im on my own really in wanting buzsacky to play up front but his clinical striking capabillities are wasted in the midfield he
        could score twenty goals season up front

Comment

Routledge may eventually be a better footballer than Dave Thomas but he'll never do a better fanzine than A Kick up the R's

Comment

this is getting very boring now Mark. You find ii impossible to say anything possitive, and now you're talking utter nonsense to try and back it up.

Rowlands, routledge, cook, leggy, buzz, ephraim plus if we manage to keep just one of lopez and taraabt would easily give us one of the strongest middields in the league. Add to that prattley and maybe rose, we'll look superb in that area. Balanta and vine can both play either wing or behind the front two, so I see no strength whatsoever in your criticism of our midfield.

I agree with the strikers, but give the transfer market time to kick in before you try in increase your band of grumpy old men.

If we get 2-3 of either bogdani, beckford or cox plus whoever else comes into the picture, things could look rosey.
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
              well if we look at these fantastic players that gianni has lined up
              Dex do you not think this has been our problem over the last 2 years, Gianni buying the players. Gianni should keep his big f***in nose out of team affairs and let our manager, who will be responsible for results, identify the players HE wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                Dex do you not think this has been our problem over the last 2 years, Gianni buying the players. Gianni should keep his big f***in nose out of team affairs and let our manager, who will be responsible for results, identify the players HE wants.
                agree 100% .....sack the dodgy ####### and let JM pick his own players.

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
                  i think many on here are deluded as to how good they think we really are in this division..........whilst our defense is relatively sound i believe our midfield n forwards to be no better than mid table ccc at best.........face the facts..........viney n co aint got a 20 goal a season poacher between them.........buzz is an injury waiting to happen and routledge flatters to deceive most games!....cookie is not good enough n leggs n mahon........says it all really...........i think unless five new players of higher calibre than what we've already got dont come in............its mid table mediocrity all the way!!
                  I'm really looking forward to seeing Viney back with a pre-season under his belt. Buzz was unlucky last season to get injured again shortly after returning but sh@t happens.....any player is an injury waiting to happen. With regards to Routledge & Cookie, I think Routledge was brilliant when he first came but we were a one trick pony and were very predictable so teams just knew how to manage with him....could the same be true of Cookie...I'm not sure. Legs played really well in the position that Sousa played him in....it's just that we need the overall team players/setup to use him in that position....& Mahon, was Man of Match several times, had a couple of bad games, one most terrible one where he had to overcome his own team's "supporters" booiing him but he contributed well over the course of the season....you just remember those boos. But, whatever way you look at, we didn't have much in the way of options last season, this season we should be less easy to read, but we still need those strikers.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                    this is getting very boring now Mark. You find ii impossible to say anything possitive, and now you're talking utter nonsense to try and back it up.

Rowlands, routledge, cook, leggy, buzz, ephraim plus if we manage to keep just one of lopez and taraabt would easily give us one of the strongest middields in the league. Add to that prattley and maybe rose, we'll look superb in that area. Balanta and vine can both play either wing or behind the front two, so I see no strength whatsoever in your criticism of our midfield.

I agree with the strikers, but give the transfer market time to kick in before you try in increase your band of grumpy old men.

If we get 2-3 of either bogdani, beckford or cox plus whoever else comes into the picture, things could look rosey.

I agree, all this negativity before the season has even started doesn't help anyone. Lets see what happens in the transfer market. Lets see how well (or not) the team starts the season, and lets see how well Jim manages the squad. Then if you want to moan, go ahead.:byebye:

Comment

Originally posted by Fawny View Post
                      Routledge may eventually be a better footballer than Dave Thomas but he'll never do a better fanzine than A Kick up the R's
                      ;D
                      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

yeah

gianies purchases
                        bought connolly 1 000 000 sell 4 000 000
                        leighterwood 900 000 sell 2 000 000
                        blackstock 500 000 sell 2 000 000
                        delaney 600 000 sell 1 000 000
                        vine 1 000 000 sell 2 000 000
                        stewert 75 000 sell 2 000 000
                        routledge 500 000 sell 2 000 000
                        buzsacky 500 000 sell 3 000 000
                        hall 650 000 sell 1 000 000
                        aygemeng 350 000 sell 500 000
                        rutledge free 300 000

etc etc gianni paladini has introduced some brilliant young tallents hes not a genius like venables but hes better than sexton who only bought ageing players
                        gianni will now have to sell some of his brightest stars just to show the 70 per cent that he knows what hes doing

Comment

our squad fully fit and fully motivated looks very strong,with the right additions in the right areas i.e. two strikers,left back,back up keeper and lopez could very well be amongst the challengers.how about a bit of optimism for a change instead of writing us off before a ball has been kicked.two points to look at with some optimism is magilton is a manager not a coach and has laid down the law where team affairs is concerned.john gorman is vastly experienced and I'm sure will do a good job.it wasn't long ago that some were saying it has to be a British manager and now he's being decried before he has had a chance to prove himself.get behind the new boys instead of picking holes in them and the team will respond.
                          what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

Got to disagree, with a fully fit squad and no new injuries or squad holds up to anything in this league, what we could do with is a manager who is allowed to manage, and who has the job for longer than a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                            X