£50 Tickets may be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £50 Tickets may be back

I have it on good authority that QPR will be classifying games as Platinum, Gold and Silver once again. How this will affect match day prices I have no idea but I just have received this information:

Crystal Palace Platinum
    Middlesboro Platinum
    Newcastle Platinum
    Sheffield United Platinum
    Watford Platinum
    West Brom Platinum
    Reading Platinum

Cardiff Gold
    Swansea Gold
    Ipswich Gold
    Sheffield Wednesday Gold
    Coventry Gold
    Derby County Gold
    Nottingham Forest Gold
    Preston North End Gold
    Leicester Gold

Peterborough United Silver
    Bristol City Silver
    Doncaster Rovers Silver
    Blackpool Silver
    Barnsley Silver
    Plymouth Silver
    S****horpe United Silver
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

A ruse to sell more season tickets perhaps?

Comment

Can't see the board being that daft the marketing may be the same but I doubt the prices will be.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
        Can't see the board being that daft the marketing may be the same but I doubt the prices will be.
        We'll have to see, waiting for an email from a corporate source to update me.

I've seen a scan of literature confirming the above

Comment

Looks like i am priced out yet again.:cry:

Comment

50 pound tickets will never sell, and whoever buys these for a championship game is a mug

Comment

Originally posted by Easy View Post
              50 pound tickets will never sell, and whoever buys these for a championship game is a mug
              Or is very rich.
              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

THink we will have different prices, but £50 is the most expensive (doubt if they will go up to that) we had this last season, where some jumped on the bandwagon even though you could buy £30 tickets on the day.

Idea, don't pick and choose the big games and it will be cheaper.
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                  A ruse to sell more season tickets perhaps?
                  It may be just that, although I wouldn't put it past them to try it again.

If they do, I wont be buying tickets for the Platinum or Gold matches.

I really don't understand how they could think that watching CCC football is worth anywhere near £40 or £50. Even worse, when it is to watch a mid-table clash, at best. i.e. last season's prpposed 'platinum' clash against a struggling Derby side.

What makes them think that the following games will be platinum once the season gets under way?

Crystal Palace Platinum might have a poor season
                  Middlesboro PlatinumCould also be struggling if best players leave
                  Newcastle PlatinumSee above
                  Sheffield United Platinum
                  Watford Platinum Improved after Rodgers took charge, but could easily struggle again now he has gone
                  West Brom Platinum
                  Reading Platinum
                  Last edited by stanistheman; 12-06-2009, 01:50 PM.

Comment

It will be silver and away games only for us if they put the price up again !!!!!

Comment

£50 for CCC :waaaht:

Not in a million years will i pay that...factadoodledoo

Comment

Why don't people just wait and see what the matchday ticket prices are before jumping to assumptions alternatively buy a season ticket and stop ****ing complaining.

ST Platinum = £30.50 per match
                        ST Gold = £26 per match
                        ST Silver = £21.70 per match

Comment

To clarify I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MATCHDAY PRICES WILL BE however, i'm very very confident that games will be classified in this way.

If we try and impose the £50 like we did last year we'll once again be ridiculed. The problem is that last year we upped the prices after the season had started and the football league said what Ali Russel had done was illegal hence the increases were dropped.

As long as we announce the prices before the season start we can do what we want.

Please, please QPR - nothing wrong with categorising games - we've always done that! Just dont price us out even more.

Platinum games should be no more than £30 - MAXIMUM

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                            Why don't people just wait and see what the matchday ticket prices are before jumping to assumptions alternatively buy a season ticket and stop ****ing complaining.

ST Platinum = £30.50 per match
                            ST Gold = £26 per match
                            ST Silver = £21.70 per match
                            you beat me too it fella to an extent...like i said, categories have always happened - we just need realistic pricing

Comment

Thats the problem, supporters see £50 and latch onto it !!

Platinum matches will be more, but never £50..

If you are going to choose Newcastle United over Barnsley, I would charge a little more to watch it.
                              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                              X