Season Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Tickets

I have seen a lot of negative stuff about the club next season due to the low number of season tickets sold, but just read an article that said in 94-95 season in the Prem we only had 3300 season ticket holders. To me it looks like we are placing too much emphasis on ST sales as I don't think they will be a true reflection of how well we are supported next season. I have got one because I take my boy and his is free, but for many they are not great value if you miss a couple of games. Most of those not getting STs will still come to LR and pay on the day.
    RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Originally posted by kingo View Post
    I have seen a lot of negative stuff about the club next season due to the low number of season tickets sold, but just read an article that said in 94-95 season in the Prem we only had 3300 season ticket holders. To me it looks like we are placing too much emphasis on ST sales as I don't think they will be a true reflection of how well we are supported next season. I have got one because I take my boy and his is free, but for many they are not great value if you miss a couple of games. Most of those not getting STs will still come to LR and pay on the day.
    But as I say on a regular basis, this topic, as well as so many others, gives sooooooooooh many people the chance to whinge and moan without foundation - so don't let your good, accurate and positive message stand in the way of a bit more negative spin and board bashing :anger:
    Last edited by Bluehoop; 10-06-2009, 01:53 PM.
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
      Good post.

I didn't renew my ST 2 seasons ago and have not had one since due to a change in work and family commitments. I still make the majority of home games and a few away depending on work etc.

But as I have no guarantees of how many games i can actually make, its just not cost effective anymore for me to pay for a ST.

I'll still be getting up to HQ as often as i can.

Comment

Kingo Re "I have seen a lot of negative stuff about the club next season due to the low number of season tickets sold,"

Without ST money in advance, you can not plan your playing / staff budget for the next 12 months, simple as that really. If Flavio and his wreckers have only sold 5-6,000 expect changes in staff, with big money earners leaving to lighten the wage bill.

Comment

I'll probably pay on the day.

If the club really wants to sell 10,000+, the I suggest buying some players that will drum up the interest.

Or perhaps do what Burnley have done and promise a free ST for all who have bought or buy one in 2009/10 for the 2010/11 season should QPR win promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
            Kingo Re "I have seen a lot of negative stuff about the club next season due to the low number of season tickets sold,"

Without ST money in advance, you can not plan your playing / staff budget for the next 12 months, simple as that really. If Flavio and his wreckers have only sold 5-6,000 expect changes in staff, with big money earners leaving to lighten the wage bill.
            We managed to plan ok in '95 as I seem to remember us having a ptetty good season.

Comment

In 94-95, we didn't have anywhere near the level of obligations to service through the summer months as we do now. Poor season ticket sales critically affect cash flow through the monhts where there is no gate money and lack of secondary revenue opportunities.

Comment

If they were really that crucial to the club then they would have made them more attractive, as I see it the club are satisfied if supporters pay on the day. When I worked it out I think they were not good value for money if you missed 3 matches, which many do for work or other good reasons. The only other reason you would get one would be to guarantee a seat, which has never been a problem in my 42 seasons at LR.

Comment

ST sales is a new thing to a lot of us , mainley due to the new Prem , 10 years ago these questions were never asked on a dailey basis , if and when we make the Prem then get your ST IF you fill the need , the board took a gamble buying the club so let them gamble with thier money , if succesful they will take the praise and rewards
                  Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Would've thought that strong and consistent season ticket sales of near 10k for 5 or 6 years previously would have been a pretty strong selling point that GP made to Briatore.........

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                      Would've thought that strong and consistent season ticket sales of near 10k for 5 or 6 years previously would have been a pretty strong selling point that GP made to Briatore.........
                      The club were desperate for money then and ST's were very good value and many bought them even if they knew they were going to miss several matches. If the club wanted the money up front now then they could slash money off ST's and make them more appealing and have 10,000 again, the fact that they haven't indicates that they don't have to have the money up front now.

Comment

Working...
                      X