• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rather Now, Then 2 Years Ago Today

DAILY MIRROR
    Sunday Mirror - June 10 - Steve Stammers
    QPR: VAT CHANCE OF US GOING;

Queens Park Rangers have been served with a winding up order by Customs and Excise - but chairman Gianni Paladini insisted last night that their future is secure.
    The order concerns unpaid VAT and the demand is for between EUR900,000 and EUR1million.
    But talks between QPR and the authorities are on-going to find a solution before the matter goes to Bristol County Court on July 4.
    Paladini said: "We are in negotiations and I am not just confident, but I'm certain the matter will be sorted out before the case is due to be heard.
    "The problem is that some of the money being claimed goes back five or six years, before I was involved with the club.
    "But if any supporters are concerned about the club's future they should not be. The situation is under control and I do not consider it to be serious."

Statement from QPR1st "Winding up order"

Winding up order
    June 10, 2007

On Friday 8th June, members of the supporters representative group received an email from Nick de Marco. Those who received the email include Tracy Stent and Stephen Dedridge who represent the trust on the supporters representative group.

The email notified the supporters representative group that a winding-up order had been served by HMRS. The email did not provide much specific detail but following further statements from Gianni Paladini to the media we understand that the order relates to unpaid VAT stretching back over several years and reportedly in the region of £700,000 to £800,000.

The club is allegedly in negotiations with the HMRS and is hoping the matter can be resolved before the case is due to be heard on the 4th July. It is hoped that more information will be provided at the AGM

QPR 1st will be submitting questions to the Board about this matter prior to the company agm on Friday.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Yes they were very dark days and supporters have to take note of those days.
    I think we need to be careful because I don't think the mittels would take control if Flavio was to leave. However due to massive increase of season ticket prices, more than some premiership clubs, we do and should expect an improvement of quality on the pitch. Unfortunately this mean spending money and bringing in 2 new strikers.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

YES,defo,that was a depressing time.

Comment

If I remember correctly the GP supporters of the time were desperately trying to tell us that the bills were being paid and there was no chance of us going to into admin.

SO it wasn't all that bad ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          DAILY MIRROR
          Sunday Mirror - June 10 - Steve Stammers
          QPR: VAT CHANCE OF US GOING;

Queens Park Rangers have been served with a winding up order by Customs and Excise - but chairman Gianni Paladini insisted last night that their future is secure.
          The order concerns unpaid VAT and the demand is for between EUR900,000 and EUR1million.
          But talks between QPR and the authorities are on-going to find a solution before the matter goes to Bristol County Court on July 4.
          Paladini said: "We are in negotiations and I am not just confident, but I'm certain the matter will be sorted out before the case is due to be heard.
          "The problem is that some of the money being claimed goes back five or six years, before I was involved with the club.
          "But if any supporters are concerned about the club's future they should not be. The situation is under control and I do not consider it to be serious."

Statement from QPR1st "Winding up order"

Winding up order
          June 10, 2007

On Friday 8th June, members of the supporters representative group received an email from Nick de Marco. Those who received the email include Tracy Stent and Stephen Dedridge who represent the trust on the supporters representative group.

The email notified the supporters representative group that a winding-up order had been served by HMRS. The email did not provide much specific detail but following further statements from Gianni Paladini to the media we understand that the order relates to unpaid VAT stretching back over several years and reportedly in the region of £700,000 to £800,000.

The club is allegedly in negotiations with the HMRS and is hoping the matter can be resolved before the case is due to be heard on the 4th July. It is hoped that more information will be provided at the AGM

QPR 1st will be submitting questions to the Board about this matter prior to the company agm on Friday.
          I understand that Gianni had to at least try to hide the real situation from us at that time, but the highlighted phrases were the reason Gianni got (gets) so much flak. Its all sooooooo over the top. We saw through that spin, just like we still see through the pathetic attempts at spin today.

He was CERTAIN we were sailing in safe waters. He did not consider the situation to be serious - of course it bloody well was!!!!:electric_shock:

Comment

Awful time! IMO we are very lucky!
            Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

I agree that we are lucky to still have a QPR side playing in the CCC to support.

Which is why I do not want to slate the Board too much about lack of transfers, prices etc.

Of course we can be a bit critical, but some fans go too far with calling for them to go and hurling personal insults.

Comment

Working...
              X