• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Summer...

I was MUCH more excited...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...920843,00.html
    Twitter - @DiscoDaveW

http://www.twitter.com/DiscoDaveW

Yeah well star names are not going to get you out of this league.
    The biggest mistake we made was not signing Ben Watson. A high class player that is prove in this league and is a real worker. I think its a good thing that we have a british manager and we need to look at the watson's etc that have proven to be quality at this level. We also can't afford to be as tight as a nats #### when we have the chance to bring that kind of player to loftus road!
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by dave1882 View Post
      Well if anyone believed that then they were clearly deluding themselves!
      No big names will come to this club whilst being in an average league.
      Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by Cait. View Post
        Well if anyone believed that then they were clearly deluding themselves!
        No big names will come to this club whilst being in an average league.
        Simples.
        Doesn't change the fact I was more excited..
        Twitter - @DiscoDaveW

http://www.twitter.com/DiscoDaveW

Comment

I was too. Take a look at fans predictions on how many goals we would score. About 40 fans took part and we scored 22 less than the lowest figure guessed.

Honestly believed last season, we would be in top 3-4, this season I have my reservations. That may not be a bad thing, as anything top 6 would be an acheivement.
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by dave1882 View Post
            Doesn't change the fact I was more excited..

I wasn't excited because I knew that would never happen.

Comment

whats your belief this coming season?
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I actually think we will do allot better in a tougher division. I think Jim Magilton will do really well. He needs the boards backing but I was pleased with the appointment. At least he will try to play entertaining football. On a different point I think its out of order for people to moan at fans that boo. I for one have never booed but you can't slate these fans that work bloody hard for there ticket and then for the players just not to turn up. Footballers are very spoilt and if I was having a bad gameI would take it on the chin like a man and work a damn site harder to try and improve my performances

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  Hmm tbh I think we will do better than last season.

Comment

A lot of what Briatore has said isn't intended for us but to boost sponsorship deals. The more he pubically says he'll do something the more media attention the club gets and the bigger the deal he can pull off.

I think this summer we can expect another clear out of players and we'll bring in a few additions to improve the squad and no foreign unknowns.

Comment

Me too Cait. Shame a few on here don't talk common sense like you on here.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        Me too Cait. Shame a few on here don't talk common sense like you on here.
                        Haha

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                          If we can have a relatively injury free season then we'll be up there. One or two quality additions and the top 6 is achievable. 3 or 4 good additions and we could honestly be challenging. On paper Wolves' squad had 3 or 4 quality players and the rest were good players. We have 2/3 quality players and some good players so if we can strengthen in the summer we'll have just as much chance as anyone else. We need to start well, get confidence and learn to win away from home.

Comment

I find it hard to believe people didnt get sucked in last summer. Flavio has learnt alot about football over the past couple of years but at that stage last summer he wasnt that experienced in all things football......

For all we know the Parejo deal was done at that stage and in Flavios eyes or as far as he knew Parejo was a great young talent.... And to be fair had he turned out to be awesome, we would all be sat here saying well done flav you stuck to your word.

But it didnt work out, not everything will.....

THIS SEASON:

Im still very confident we can do well, i agree with one of petes threads about our squad. We have a very talented bunch of players and with one or 2 new buys i think we can do really well next season.

People just need to be abit more optimistic......I.M.O.
                            Last edited by Youvebeenrangered; 09-06-2009, 05:36 PM.
                            Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Working...
                            X