Luton @ the JPL final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luton @ the JPL final

Mentioned below under "Would R's take more than Luton to Wembley", but worth repeating -

Lootown have sold 37,800 and FA are only giving them a further 850. How come so many ? For a team bottom of Div 2, on the verge of going out the league. With 5-6k ave crowds.
    Here's why.....
    They've given hundreds if not thousands to local Schools / Youth Teams. Probably a good idea until regular fans started missing out.

Many who have tickets are friends of fans. Most are just going for the day out / drink up. 53 from my local alone, only a dozen or so are regular fans.

Some previously regular fans now lapsed are attending for their swansong etc.

S****horpe have sold 12,000. FA say the £800M Wembley cannot cater for segregation between 38k and 12k fans ! So Around 30k/35k of seats will be empty. Brilliant eh ? Both team will lose out on much needed gate reciepts.

Also the FA/FL have refused Luton permission to make their Under 11 kids team mascots for the day. Their Under 11 team recently beat Bayen Munich in the Final of a prestigous tournament (Man Utd lost in earlier round).
    How good would it have been for a team of 10 year olds to walk out at Wembley with their heroes in front of 38k fans (& their families) applauding them for their achievement ? Even the Scunny fans would have joined in.
    Incredible, sometimes the authorities amaze me.

Still hate them (and living in the town doesn't help), but I do sympathise, especially for the kids and their families.
    And I still hope we NEVER have to play in that competition again.

Shame Gallen can't play (cup tied).

I have just moved out of Luton, and everything you have said is true. About 30,000 will be glory huntin Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea fans who live in the town all of a sudden being Luton fans.
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Yeh. You have to remember also how poor it is that Scunny have such a poor showing yet ticket sales are shared equally :|
      Everyday Plumbers Bristol
      63 Sommerville Road, Bristol, BS7 9AD.
      0117 239 1217
      http://redlandplumbing.co.uk/

Comment

why are we discussing filth?
        they can rot with their poxy stadium for 20 yrs where they belong....non league, of which many non lge clubs have superior grounds to them!!

club wembley also affects attendance as they are PRIVATE OWNED and the fa can't sell em, its up to the "Owner"...great idea by those running the game eh??
        ££££££££££££££££££££££££ is all they care about...

Comment

Working...
        X