Please tell Me..Who Has A Better Squad Of Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please tell Me..Who Has A Better Squad Of Players

I am at a lost to find 10 teams in the championship who have better squads than us?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

look at the 10 that finished above us...we are only "strong" on paper....reality is that 10 were stronger on the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
      I am at a lost to find 10 teams in the championship who have better squads than us?
      The problem is that we only need 2 to be better than us and we rely on the play offs, top 6 and we're in a lottery, if 10 are better than us and we're only 1 better than last season.

Comment

Here we go again.

Told you in January Burnley were stronger man for man than us - you didn't agree; proof was where we both ended up.

I know we had no Vine and no Buzz last year, but we were weak going forward in all areas of the pitch - full backs are meant to overlap and support the wide men in front of them; we ended up with two converted Centre Backs who couldn't cross a road let alone a ball.

We had zero creativity in the middle of the Park until Lopez, Taarabt and Hogan came into the middle and don't get me started on the front men.

I can't help but find the irony in your choice of 10 teams better than us with us finishing 11th!!

We don't know who is buying who yet, but for starters, I'd expect the following to be up there:

Reading - still looking like a strong squad
        West Brom - even (especially) if Mowbray goes, they will play the kind of football that works in this league - physical strength with a desire to play it on the floor
        Sheff U - don't believe the rumours; they may lose a couple of players, but will still maintain their strong, talented (and dirty) spine - they will still pose a threat
        Preston - Maybe a small squad compared to ours, but they have consistently outperformed us in this league, proving that their squad IS better
        Leicester C - got the winning habit back and will be above mid table
        Ipswich - still capable of putting in performances home AND away; will improve next season methinks
        Newcastle - will start poorly, but will pick up in the tail end of the season; on paper (which is what you're asking) they have a MUCH stronger squad than our team of rejects
        Middlesborough - crap in the Premiership, but still far more quality than we have...

..and there'll be at least one suprose; Coventry, Forest, Bristol C, Barnsley????

Admittedly, not ten, but then you'd hope we were in the top half of the table with the money that has, ahem, apparently, been invested in us wouldn't you? :anger:

It may not seem it, but I am optimistic about next season; I just hope that full backs, central midfield and strikers are sorted out as a priority as they should have been last pre-season...

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
          The problem is that we only need 2 to be better than us and we rely on the play offs, top 6 and we're in a lottery, if 10 are better than us and we're only 1 better than last season.
          Lottery? What, where the teams go in a hat, and the first one drawn out gets promoted? Fck, I thought they played each other Home and Away in the semi final, and then the two winning teams met in the final, so its decided on the pitch rather than this "lottery" method.......

Comment

Originally posted by davman View Post
            Here we go again.

Told you in January Burnley were stronger man for man than us - you didn't agree; proof was where we both ended up.

I know we had no Vine and no Buzz last year, but we were weak going forward in all areas of the pitch - full backs are meant to overlap and support the wide men in front of them; we ended up with two converted Centre Backs who couldn't cross a road let alone a ball.

We had zero creativity in the middle of the Park until Lopez, Taarabt and Hogan came into the middle and don't get me started on the front men.

I can't help but find the irony in your choice of 10 teams better than us with us finishing 11th!!

We don't know who is buying who yet, but for starters, I'd expect the following to be up there:

Reading - still looking like a strong squad
            West Brom - even (especially) if Mowbray goes, they will play the kind of football that works in this league - physical strength with a desire to play it on the floor
            Sheff U - don't believe the rumours; they may lose a couple of players, but will still maintain their strong, talented (and dirty) spine - they will still pose a threat
            Preston - Maybe a small squad compared to ours, but they have consistently outperformed us in this league, proving that their squad IS better
            Leicester C - got the winning habit back and will be above mid table
            Ipswich - still capable of putting in performances home AND away; will improve next season methinks
            Newcastle - will start poorly, but will pick up in the tail end of the season; on paper (which is what you're asking) they have a MUCH stronger squad than our team of rejects
            Middlesborough - crap in the Premiership, but still far more quality than we have...

..and there'll be at least one suprose; Coventry, Forest, Bristol C, Barnsley????

Admittedly, not ten, but then you'd hope we were in the top half of the table with the money that has, ahem, apparently, been invested in us wouldn't you? :anger:

It may not seem it, but I am optimistic about next season; I just hope that full backs, central midfield and strikers are sorted out as a priority as they should have been last pre-season...
            ...oh, yeah - and CARDIFF.

Enough for you? Sounds a bit like 'What have the Romans done for us?'.

Comment

Newcastle, Boro, WBA, Reading, Cardiff, Sheff Utd, PNE, Derby Ipswich then potentially Forest, Wednesday, Leicester and Swansea

Comment

well that was easy

Comment

Originally posted by Rieger View Post
                  well that was easy
                  Rieger, it usually is!:victory:

Comment

Bringing in Buz, vine and Rowlands from injury how can you say Swansea have a better squad? Last season was a big disappointment but with Martinez now gone with certain players likely to follow I don't know how you can add them. We have a decent defence but I would change the fullbacks. We have a good keeper and a very very strong midfield. Using last year is not worth looking at. I do however think West Brom will be unstopable and it is going to be a tough division. We need 2 strikers. If we can get goals from our centre forwards then there is no reason why we can't get a playoff spot.
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Well I was going to buy a season ticket, based on Pete's unbiased view and on his deep knowledge of football and ITK friends.

But on 2nd thoughts.......
                      QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

Top level CCC teams and lower level PL teams are queueing to buy Swansea's players. Can't see many beating our door down.

Comment

To be honest, Captain Clunge, I wouldn't put you down as a season ticket buyer ever.

If a manager can get this team playing to its strengths we are a TOP 6 team, thats less than I thought last season, we would finish higher at the start. If we would have pushed on after the Blackpool win we would have been in that top 6 for sure.
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

The league doesnt lie, and the fact is we were the 11th best team last season....

Injurys played a part but next season the players wont have that excuse!
                            Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                              To be honest, Captain Clunge, I wouldn't put you down as a season ticket buyer ever.

If a manager can get this team playing to its strengths we are a TOP 6 team, thats less than I thought last season, we would finish higher at the start. If we would have pushed on after the Blackpool win we would have been in that top 6 for sure.
                              I wouldn't put you down as an anorexic, ever.
                              QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

Working...
                              X