4000 x £500 = £2m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4000 x £500 = £2m

If signing Beckford sold another 4000 season tickets at an average of say £500 a time this would generate £2m more in sales which happens to be the price Leeds want for their prolific striker.Attitude or not,he scores nearly as many goals in a season as our entire team added together.Speculate to accumalate.

Signing Beckford would hardly raise a smile in my opinion. He has been around years and found his level. Cox would be a much better prospect given his age.

Comment

plus add to that extra merchandise, programme, food sales.

Comment

2 million is peanuts to be honest to run a football club
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

We currently have a squad of 33 players i think say each earns on average 5,000 a week.

Comes to around 165 thousand a week. Ok not all 33 are but you gotta think the likes of vine, routledge, connolly, gorkks, buz, rowlands, hall etc etc are earning a good wage. Not to mention the manager, the rest of the staff, constant running of the ground/training ground etcetc..... 2 million is basically gone in no time atall!!
          Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

I dont think the signing of Beckford would convince 4k fans to buy STs

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
              I think you are right. We would need to bring in 3 or 4 players over the course of a week to get 4000 people who originally had ruled out buying a ST to have a change of heart.

1 player who we all know could flop or could get injured isn't enough to convince 4000 people into spending their hard earned cash.

Beckford + another striker and a couple of full backs then you'll get queues up to White City.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                2 million is peanuts to be honest to run a football club
                Spot on Pete - I've been trying to say that for weeks.Wolves and Birmingham had to spend a lot more than that to get where they are.Briatore has reneged on all the hype of the launch and is trying to run the club with journeymen and loanees who are not needed by their home clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
                  I disagree Morris. QPR fans have been crying out for goals. I think he would be a massive incentive, and more importantly a massive selling point for the club.
                  Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Yes we need goals and yes he would be a good signing, but at the end of the day hes 1 man, and hes unproven at CCC level, so i dont think there would be a sudden rush of 4k people renewing on that basis.

Comment

It's alright keeping clean sheets like we did last season but we were crying out for someone up front to put away the chances we made Beckford would do that.£2 mil for him is peanuts when you get £60 mil when promoted to Prem.

Comment

I wouldn't be tempted to renew my ST on the strength of signing Beckford. He may have been a very prolific scorer in League 1, but there is a huge gulf in class between the two divisions.

Plenty of strikers have scored feely at that level and then struggled in this division. e.g. Sharp, Trundle, Eastwood. Even Gallen scored 15 in that division for QPR when winning promotion, but struggled to get into double figures in the CCC.

He may turn out to be good, but £2m is a big fee for a League 1 player. I would offer them £1M to start with and the rest made up from apps and goals plus a bonus if QPR win promotion, perhaps £250K after 15 goals another £250K after 25 goals + £500K bonus for promotion. They can also include a sell-on fee.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                          I wouldn't be tempted to renew my ST on the strength of signing Beckford. He may have been a very prolific scorer in League 1, but there is a huge gulf in class between the two divisions.

Plenty of strikers have scored feely at that level and then struggled in this division. e.g. Sharp, Trundle, Eastwood. Even Gallen scored 15 in that division for QPR when winning promotion, but struggled to get into double figures in the CCC.

He may turn out to be good, but £2m is a big fee for a League 1 player. I would offer them £1M to start with and the rest made up from apps and goals plus a bonus if QPR win promotion, perhaps £250K after 15 goals another £250K after 25 goals + £500K bonus for promotion. They can also include a sell-on fee.
                          Sam Parkin was prolific over several seasons. He now plays for Luton.

Comment

Originally posted by RLHoop View Post
                            Sam Parkin was prolific over several seasons. He now plays for Luton.
                            Yes, he is another one that failed.

Truth is a few are good such as Aldridge, Dixon, Earnshaw, but a lot of them fail to make the step up.

I wouldn't want to pay £2M up front for a League 1 player and would rather pay £4M for someone like Kris Boyd, who has a proven track record in the SPL and International level.

Comment

Working...
                            X