Have we missed something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have we missed something?

Many of us are hacked off with the empty promise Flavio made regarding Champions League etc and rightly so.

And maybe he doesn't care much for us supporters or whether we stay or go. Trust me, we will be replaceable if we don't stick this out. Others will come.

But what we are missing is that he must've made the same claims to our many sponsors - why wouldn't he? It's there for all to see what he promised us. He can't promise us one thing and promise them Championship football for 5 years, it doesn't work.

Maybe he doesn't mind losing our, in relative terms to him, meagre financial investment in our club. But I bet he he'd be really hacked off if any of our current sponsors said "Look, you've promised us high profile football and high income revenue streams and prominent global advertising - for a start the Premier League - and you haven't delivered. You're team is crap and we're pulling out our investment."

That would hurt him immensely as it would damage his reputation and his image as a top high profile businessman who wallows in his success and the adoration of others. He has got that. Without him as a figurehead none of these deals would have taken place. He has got a lot of respect and trust in the business world and to lose that would hurt him more than anything.

So, no matter how we feel at the moment. No matter how we all can, myself included, tell him how much he has badly mis-managed an awful lot of things regarding our club so far and God, can we? The bottom line is: This has to work.

Maybe not initially for our sakes but because he cannot be seen to be part of a losing loss making venture in the eyes of those who's opinions who count. That is, business people. The sponsors, if you like? Whether you think this is just a hobby to him or not, his reputation as an iconic well respected businessman is on the line.

So hang it out. We will get there because we have to. Maybe not for the right reasons and maybe not next year, 3 years or 5 years but we will get there simply because we have to. The man cannot be seen to fail.

Personally, I've waited long enough for this and another few years won't kill me - hopefully?

And whilst I take on board all the criticisms and frustrations of our fans and agree with many. I still believe we will be a top club albeit because of a man's ego - but that's better than no man at all. IMO.

Very good point
    CHAMPIONS
    Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Quality post

Comment

good post-- and anyway did anyone actually believe the champions league claim!! if they did then the have a serious lack of knowledge of not only football but reality!!

Comment

most sense i've seen posted on here for months , well said that man

Comment

the champions league bit would have been acheivable if the right manager/players had been installed from the off.outlandish is the word to describe that now and it seems to have backfired on them.positives we still have a club to follow,negatives well we all know them.
            what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

Problem is I think we were at our peak last January when we bought in players and had De Canio. For it to be a 4 year plan you would like to see slight progression, we have slowly moved backwards. Harder next season in my view.
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

are you flavios brother pointless post,we are not replaceable we cant even fill a 17000 seated stadium now because of these inflation busting ticket prices the man is a egotistic clown he is trying to get up on the cheap end of and it wont work.

Comment

Agree with the ego bit and it is precisely his ego that will eventually take us into the Premiership. Not for the care about us necessarily but for the good of his image and how he is perceived in the business world in which he has a lot of respect. All football club owners have a big ego. (Mike Ashley, anyone?) Why would they want to invest in loss making past-times otherwise? There are better ways to make them money without all the grief.

As for the replaceable bit? Ask any Chelski fan about Chelsea and they always have to qualify their their allegiance by saying they were there before the glory days (the John Bumstead days) and are "proper" Chelski supporters because, by their own admittance, they know they have been replaced with psuedo glory hunting ones since.

If we leave our club in anger at the way it is being run now, someone will replace us the moment we reach a play off final or get into the Premiership. Burnley are suddenly very popular.

Comment

wat about the egos of the other championship chairman?? dont they all want the same? why is flavio any different? he aint done much(unlike al fayed) so far has he?.

as you know he has no divine right in the world of football to succeed just like anyone else.

Comment

Understand your point-but is he really going to make money out of this????.In the last 48 hours we have heard about Liverpool's problems,and AC Milan being forced to sell Kaka for almost 60 million,to balance the books.The Glazers have huge debts at Man Utd,If the Russian walks away from the ****-they are screwed.
                      These guys must know all of this-therefore maybe they want to have fun with it-and seeing us get promoted would surely be a great thing for them to show-off about to their rich pals-and of course they could invite them to LR.

Comment

No, he isn't going to make money out of it. Few chairmen do. To him, it is a project and something to raise his profile even higher amongst his business friends and have the prestige of eventually owning a premiership club - so as he can compare yacht sizes with Roman Abramovich?

Re Link1967: At no point have I said I am a fan of the Flavio, nor am I impressed with the way he has gone about running this club in a lot of respects. We all know what they are. And other chairmen have a better understanding of what their fans want and deliver far better than what he has done so far.

But to those supporters who say they are going to walk away from the club - and there have been some - what I'm trying to say is this man will eventually, get it right and probably because he promised the sponsors, who matter more to him, than us.

We will get there. Sooner or later he will realise he'll have to invest in the squad or he can't play with the big boys. They'll Say "Flavio, still in the poxy Championship, I see?" Which will hurt him. Definitely.

But the sooner we get this ridiculous "4year plan claptrap" he came out with out of heads the better. We have been using it to argue amongst ourselves ever since.

We've all said things in the past that we don't mean and that come back to haunt us. I said on my wedding day that I loved my wife and she's reminding me about it ever since. Jeez!

Comment

Originally posted by link1967 View Post
                          are you flavios brother pointless post,we are not replaceable we cant even fill a 17000 seated stadium now because of these inflation busting ticket prices the man is a egotistic clown he is trying to get up on the cheap end of and it wont work.
                          I think you are the clown.
                          This post is what real supporters hope & belive.

Comment

Re: - "That would hurt him immensely as it would damage his reputation and his image as a top high profile businessman who wallows in his success and the adoration of others. He has got that. Without him as a figurehead none of these deals would have taken place. He has got a lot of respect and trust in the business world and to lose that would hurt him more than anything"

Who gives a toss about his reputation within his social circle of friends and if the deals he done were so bloody good, why do we have more debt now, than we did before he came. He and Amit refinanced the ABC loan deal and are making a tidy sum (8%ish) every month at a time when interest on savings is non existent.

Comment

[QUOTE

Re Link1967:

We will get there. Sooner or later he will realise he'll have to invest in the squad or he can't play with the big boys. They'll Say "Flavio, still in the poxy Championship, I see?" Which will hurt him. Definitely.

QUOTE]

He will need to get it right eventually. Especially, when it comes to the time for QPR to renew the kit and sponsorship deals.

It will be very difficult to persuade another major company to invest in a small thinking CCC side. They will want to know why a club with Billionaires on the Board has been playing in the CCC for four years or so.

The prospective sponsors will look into how the club has been performing and will see that managers, coaches & players have come and gone at such a high turnover and then they will not pursue their interest in QPR FC any further.

Comment

Working...
                              X