Who Are Famous QPR Fans ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QPRWeRTogetheR View Post
    She mentioned on this mid morning's show on Radio 1 how her brother went to Wembley to see QPR, when she was talking about a gig happening at Wembley coming up. She is always talking about her North West London roots living around Wembley and Northolt. Just hope her brother has made her a Ranger as well! Be great to get more QPR shout outs on Radio 1
    Fearne cottons dad done some work for me few years back at a shop of mine. Really nice bloke.
    "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
    London Pride is a flower that's free.
    London Pride means our own dear town to us,
    And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by loneranger View Post
      Fearne cottons dad done some work for me few years back at a shop of mine. Really nice bloke.
      Could he not sort you out with a pair of her stained drawers?
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Could he not sort you out with a pair of her stained drawers?
        Lol, she's a Mum now! Dutty boy.

Comment

• Had a drink with Stuart Pearce and his Dad once pre-match. Definitely both huge Rangers fans. Pearce at the time was the U21 manager and were in the middle of Paladini's reign of idiocy - so we didn't have any potential players neither did Barnsley. Was there just as a fan. Good lad.
          Meet me by the railway tracks

Comment

Nice. She said how her brother played in a Sunday league team in Northolt and Duke Dumont said he played in the same team as well. Love how she always mentions North West London. Hoping for some more QPR name drops in the future now after that epic Saturday! Need a few people to tweet her to make her fall in love with the Superhoops

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Tightlips View Post
              Had a drink with Stuart Pearce and his Dad once pre-match. Definitely both huge Rangers fans. Pearce at the time was the U21 manager and were in the middle of Paladini's reign of idiocy - so we didn't have any potential players neither did Barnsley. Was there just as a fan. Good lad.
              Nice, great to hear he was there as a fan than a scouting mission.
              He's always on talksport flying the hoops flag. In his This Is Your Life type special on the show, he said how he was born in W12, but moved out to NW9 Kingsbury (another stronghold of QPR support) and always followed QPR.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRWeRTogetheR View Post
                Lol, she's a Mum now! Dutty boy.
                That's why the phrase M1LF was created my friend.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  That's why the phrase M1LF was created my friend.
                  Haha, touché pal...Never got into M1LFS or the whole Cougar scene. But yeh, I spose American Pie has given us a great addition to the Lads Vocab book aye

Comment

• From Wikipedia

In popular culture

The BBC TV series Bottom featured the character Eddie Hitler (played by Adrian Edmondson) as a supporter of the team. In the show, he once asked the barman of his local (called "The Lamb and Flag,") if it was true he had a trial with the team. **** Head, the landlord replied that he was decked by Les Ferdinand for kicking the ball in his own net. He was expecting to get applause from his team mates, as he was unaware he had scored an own goal.

In the 1985 song White City Fighting, Pete Townshend sings about being "down by the refuge near QPR".

The comedy detective series Boys From The Bush included the character Reg Toomer, an ardent QPR fan. Although set in Melbourne, the series ended in Hammersmith and included a scene inside Loftus Road.

The BBC sitcom My Family features lead character Ben Harper (played by Robert Lindsay) as a QPR fan. In one episode he is seen watching a game on TV dressed in blue and white chanting "come on, you hoops!"

Famous fans of the club include musicians Alan Wilder of Depeche Mode and Recoil, Nick Midson (formerly of Threshold), actress Daniela Denby-Ashe, Ian Gillan of Deep Purple, Mick Jones of punk band The Clash, Big Audio Dynamite and latterly Carbon/Silicon, Glen Matlock of the *** Pistols, Robert Smith of The Cure, Chris Batten of Enter Shikari, Pete Doherty of The Libertines and Babyshambles, Dave Kerr-Clemenson of Edison Lighthouse/White Plains as well as Matador Records founder Gerard Cosloy, professional quiz player and television personality Anne Hegerty and former player Lee Cook. Doherty used to run a club fanzine, "All Quiet On The Western Avenue", and has made reference to them in his music and videos. Musician and comedian Bill Bailey is also a fan of Queens Park Rangers as is London Wasps & England rugby union player Dom Waldouck. Up and coming comedian Seann Walsh is a fan. The composers Michael Nyman, Gavin Bryars and John Tilbury are all QPR fans and were regulars at Loftus Road in the late 60s and early 70s. Paul Cassidy of six-piano ensemble Piano Circus is a fan of QPR and also deputy chairman of the Glasgow branch of the Queens Park Rangers Supporters Association. Actor Michael Crawford and former Genesis drummer and musician Phil Collins are self-confessed QPR supporters. Greek entrepreneur Stelios Haji-Ioannou, founder of the British low-cost airline easyJet amongst other ventures has previously spoken of his fondness for the club.

Andrew Ridgeley of pop band Wham! was featured in a QPR kit in the video for "The Edge of Heaven". The club's former logo briefly appears in the video for Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly's video for "I-Spy".

Comment

• Phil Collins is another kid jenson who changed his allegiance. Even though there was a smudge of him in the rangers shirt in concert in the 70's, and his mum run the stage school in acton for years.He switched to spurs though. Massive bell for that and the reason I turn his pony orf when it comes on the wireless.
                      "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                      London Pride is a flower that's free.
                      London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                      And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Phil Collins is another kid jenson who changed his allegiance. Even though there was a smudge of him in the rangers shirt in concert in the 70's, and his mum run the stage school in acton for years.He switched to spurs though. Massive bell for that and the reason I turn his pony orf when it comes on the wireless.
                        Did he not get a slap in Princess Vic when filming a music vid or am I thinking of someone else?

Comment

• Phil Collins 1st wife came from Bathurst Hse White City
                          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

• pete townshend`s autobiography never mention Rangers once , anyway he`s too much of a wet blanket to be an R
                            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDanShittu View Post
                              When DJ Campbell was playing non league and they had a game in the FA Cup can't remember who it was against he was on the tele and was filmed at Loftus Road watching one of our games. He went mental when we scored (might have been for the cameras) and he seemed to be genuinely loving it and singing etc.
                              DJ was at QPR as a kid, (attitude was his letdown) coached him years ago, ..... might be why he is a Rangers fan

Comment

• Anyone know if Raheem Sterling is a QPR fan growing up in the Neasden area? He was there at Wembley on Saturday,watching. Gotta be some support after we had him in our youth team no?

Comment

Working...
                                X