Just back from holiday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back from holiday

I knew something would happen whilst I was away. I returned a couple of hours back and I don't know what to make of it all....?

My initial reaction is that we have hired a manager who has had 3 cracks at the Championship and hasn't made the playoffs once. Sheepshanks will have given him his playing staff budgets and let him get on with it though. I notice our official site calls him Jim our new "manager". When Sousa was appointed he was called "first team coach", does this mean Jim gets to take total control or do the board feel it would be too much to admit by Jim's title what he really is......another Dowie, Sousa etc.....& they want to wait until we have had the chance to get used to his appointment?

I always liked Jim's interviews when he was with Ipswich, seems an intelligent, thinking type but he hasn't achieved what he set out to after 3 attempts.

One thing this all proves is that we struggles to attract a decent successful (by previous statistics) manager as we will have got someone who was already in employment. We have signed a man who wanted to get straight back into work (that's a good thing - anyone know what his payout was from Ipswich in terms of time left on his contract there?) but where we could dictate what we wanted from him, rather than a Curbishley type that would have said an immediate "NO" as we started telling him how Briatore does this and does that with regards the playing squad.

I'm rambling my thoughts folks, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm far from surprised, yet still a tad disappointed. One thing's for sure, I'm glad I didn't rush out and renew my ST. Now go and buy a striker!!!

You dont look very tanned in your pic
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

sounds about right

Comment

I've got a nice tan mate, that was NY last year :-)

Comment

go anywhere nice?

Comment

Lanzarote, Costa Teguise. There were 3 families of 5 there so 9 kids and 6 adults. Turned out easier work that if just my lot had gone. Weather was 85 odd all week, and I come back to this overcast weather here and JM as new manager.........

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
              Lanzarote, Costa Teguise. There were 3 families of 5 there so 9 kids and 6 adults. Turned out easier work that if just my lot had gone. Weather was 85 odd all week, and I come back to this overcast weather here and JM as new manager.........
              sounds pretty nice ;D not the best way to return haha suppose your pretty depressed now.

Comment

At least I'm not back to work until Monday I suppose..........We will have to see what players are bought, sorry I meant BROUGHT in, between now and this time in August.

Comment

Working...
                X