The board are their own worst enemy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matthew View Post
    when they took over it was they who talked about us becoming a top 4 premiership team and it was they who said we would be playing in the champions league within 4 years,THEY raised our expectations and now they should face the consequences.today,we took a big step backwards and the board are to blame.we are a small club,i know that and probably are destined to remain in the championship,but why were these false promises made.the board WILL get abuse from fans this season and they deserve it.
    But anyone with any common sense recognises SPIN when they see it. What else did you expect them to say?
    Do you actually believe that any team in our position, could achieve this in 4 years. It's all a bit Roy of The Rovers. If you did....more fool you.
    I expected progress from the **** of the last 15 years and they have [with a few exceptions] delivered.
    If it took another 5 years to get into the top half of the Prem, I would still see that as a tremendous success.

Comment

I understand what posters are saying and the appointment of Jim magilton is not going to win us over immediately, but some have given up before he even started. He might get the best out of the players, who knows? We are just expressing an opinion, because he is not a high profile manager we all crave, but he has to be given a chance.
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Agreed the board were their own worst enemy with that initial statement, it was naivity in the extreme but they were only evergoing to come out with some "givin it the large" spin. It was also naive to fall for it as nothing they did / have done in the manager and player stakes has backed that up.
        But see it for what it was. It's the same as when you realise that Father Christmas doesn't exist. Your parents were only telling you what you wanted to here.

N.B.Apologies to those that didn't know.:waaaht:

Comment

Originally posted by RamseyR View Post
          But anyone with any common sense recognises SPIN when they see it. What else did you expect them to say?
          Do you actually believe that any team in our position, could achieve this in 4 years. It's all a bit Roy of The Rovers. If you did....more fool you.
          I expected progress from the **** of the last 15 years and they have [with a few exceptions] delivered.
          If it took another 5 years to get into the top half of the Prem, I would still see that as a tremendous success.
          WHAT DID I EXPECT THEM TO SAY?...this,"we aim to take the club forward,avoid relagation battles and hopefully make a push towards promotion in the near future",thats what,instead of "we will be playing in the champions league within 4 years".that is my point,dont promise your youngest child you will take them to EuroDisney,only to take them to the local playground instead:shocked:

Comment

free thinking and democracy...NOT ALL TOE THE CLUB LINE.

our die hards are 12000
            our ground holds 18500
            we rarely sell out
            even the promotion season we sold out maybe 3 times at the end

so our SAVIOURS come in, talk of a 4 yr plan..sack managers every 6 months,
            THE DEBTS MOUNT, fans are cast aside as prices rocket up,
            YES MASSIVE NEW SPONSORS DEALS SHOW MUCH HOPE FOR SUSTAINING THE CLUB..many of those deals trigger the big money on PROMOTION!

so gamble now to benefit later...

fans did not big up instant promotion....we wanted rid of that abc loan!

Comment

this is what ive been saying all along, all these promises by briatore this is why he is getting **** loads of abuse, he has brought all this anger among us supporters. At the end of next season they would have been here 3 years if we dont get promoted then im sorry they have failed all there promises we are no further forward then 3 years ago and i can see us having another 2 managers in charge by next may.

Comment

Working...
              X