No announcement yet.

Positive and Negative About Magilton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+ Ipswich played us off the park both times this season. Scored 20 more goals than us in 08/09, finished higher than us with an impressive goal difference. Add that to the solidness of our defence and it could be a good combination.

- Never really been a wizard in the transfer market.

Comment

Positive: Knows the division, can speak english, straight laced guy, dont think he will suffer fools. I reckon he could be just what we need, someone to whip the boys into shape.

No negative from me, Give the guy a chance.
      Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

+ Not LDC or another foreign non-entity
        - Not all that.
        http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

none of the positives above inspire me at all.........

Comment

me neither its dowie Mk2, Ronseal Mk2 for me.

Happy to be proved wrong..
            Arguing with a scientist is like wrestling a pig in mud... sooner or later you;ll realise you're muddy and he's enjoying it.....

Comment

Blimey with fans like ours what hope has the bloke got.... Let's give him a chance FFS. Agreed he isn't our first choice, but he's here and now wants to succeed as much as we want it so let's just see what happens.

+ English, knows the league, contacts, knowledge of potential players who would be ideal in the CCC, knows the opposition, gets teams playing good football, won't take any cr@p, will find it easier to law down the law at QPR than at Ipswich where he had too much history, friendships etc. Less expectation from fans who've pretty much written him off on day 1 meaning he may actualy surprise a few people.....

- No track record of success, but hey everyone starts somewhere - what did Fergie have before his Aberdeen days...

Comment

yeah

positives he can at least speak english 2 hes better than paulo loser

negatives 1 unable to bring youngsters through 2 cant buy and sell players
                3 experiances so far are all failures 4 no man management skills 5 lacks confidence 6 no dress sense 7 only got the job because he was prepared to accept that other people can pick the team 8 chances of success are zero9 incapable of organising free kicks or corners

Comment

Magilton joins QPR
                  Cabinet Minister resigns
                  Stock market drops a 100 points
                  The pound down against the dollar
                  Coincidence?

Comment

Positive: You are joking!
                    Negative: See above response!

Comment

He's British, speaks English as his first language, knows the Championship that puts him streets ahead of Di Canio IMO!
                      Whilst I would have loved a bigger name British manager it clearly wasn't going to happen and I didn't want a foreign manager they very rarely work and the Championship is a unique league!
                      His Ipswich team have always above us when he has been managing them and IMO on paper we have a far better team!
                      It's not a glamorous appointment but then look at the managers who have gotten teams promoted in recent years! Mick McCarthy, Alec McLeish, Owen Coyle, Billy Davies, Tony Pulis, Phil Brown, Tony Mowbray hardly the biggest names when they took over their clubs where they but they have done the job!
                      IMO Magilton if the right players are signed is good enough to get us out, based on the fact that with the right squad you can get out of this league and he has enough experience of the championship to do it!

Comment

+ Apparently he plays good football - and his Ipswich teams were normally successful against us.

- There are worries amongst Rangers fans that Magilton will simply be another "pawn for Flavio Briatore" (a Rangers' fan's words who I spoke to today, not mine) and won't be able survive the pressure put on my our chairman.

Comment

Positive: He has the experience and knowledge of the CCC which almost al of the other candidates did not have.

Positive: He is passionate, dedicated and respected and wont take any shoite as suggested by several IT fans comments I have read today.

Positive: He plays attacking and entertaining 4-4-2 footbally which is what I read somewhere we should be doing.

Note, one positive and one negative (two positives equal a negative!).

Comment

The thing that worries me is Briatore's quote that he was impressed by his work at Ipswich - they finished just above us, with as much chance as us of reaching the play offs (zero) and was sacked for fialing to deliver play offs after the investment in the team - yes they spent more than us. If that impresses Briatore my guess it is based purely on the way they bashed us up at HQ, prior to which their form was dire.

The other worry for me is the quote that Jim was the stand out candidate - exactly who else was interviewed ffs - was it really just noddy, tinky winky and John Major as that is the only way I could see him being the stand out!
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Two words. Yes man
                              :drunk:

Comment

wouldnt be too sure about him being a yes man or an #### kisser.

Comment

Working...
                                X