No announcement yet.

** qpr to make move for zico! **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

put it this way if it was a british manager it would have been done and dusted by now.there is no reason why it would have taken this long which would point towards it being an foreighn manager.some of the names being thrown in the hat hardly inspire,especially magilton whats he ever acheived?.tapia is now out of contract as is mr ericsson.i'm not saying it either of them just using them as an example of the calibre of manager we have to go for.i shall await tuesday with baited breath but i'm not getting too excited as these sort of announcements have came and gone before with no conclusion.
    what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
      I am interested know why?
      The only benefit I could possibly see is that the name Zico might attract some decent players or sponsorship/investment.

Comment

Originally posted by pc1401 View Post
        I personally think it is wrong for the players to have a say in who they want, Supposing the manager doesn't rate half the players and wants rid.How would they feel about asking for so + so then,they would have no passion in playing for him and we need unity in the squad
        Definately especially when players like Fitz Hall have a big presence in the dressing room.

Comment

Originally posted by wicksta View Post
          The only benefit I could possibly see is that the name Zico might attract some decent players or sponsorship/investment.
          What sort of players will he attract...ones that can adapt to the CCC?

Sponsorship is there room for anymore?

Having someone like Zico at the club however ridiculous it sounds will just attract unwanted media attention I'd sooner we get on with things quietly next season with a competant CCC experienced manager at the healm.

Comment

Having someone like Zico at the club however ridiculous it sounds will just attract unwanted media attention I'd sooner we get on with things quietly next season with a competant CCC experienced manager at the healm.
            Yep we need a BACK TO BASICS manager who knows the physicallity of this division mixed with attacking flair ie;Routledge,Buzz, not a big name continental manager who knows NOTHING of what it takes to get out of the ccc,it's to soon for that

Comment

I have mixed feelings in Zico.

Yes big name and has managed which is the main thing, but can he do the job?

Comment

see above MYU thats my over riding thought on Zico

Comment

But this appointment will boost the club profile, players and the fans.

Comment

Hmm, not too sure about this...

Like you say, I'd prefer an english manager, who knows what hes doing, and knows how to get out the division
                    We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      But this appointment will boost the club profile, players and the fans.

Hmm yea but do we need our profile boosting? or do we want to win games to get out of this division?

Comment

You are right but the only department we are lacking is manager, this appointment could well be the one we are all looking for.

Any manager that comes in is a big 'IF' and there are no guarantee's on who will do a great job, having said that Zico has managed clubs before and should be able to attract many more players.

From a players point of view seeing the likes of Flavio, Bernie is great but then seeing Magilton here could prevent good signings. (That's just a guess) but I know it's something I would look at from a players point of view.

Someone said Zico is in Russia in the Cup final... what did he know about that league and seems to be doing well.

If he wasn't known in management then I'd be a big No No.

In my heart I still feel that our current board will get our next appointment right and glad they are not rushing things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                          Hmm yea but do we need our profile boosting? or do we want to win games to get out of this division?
                          The best way to boost our profile is to get promotion at the end of the season. End of. And to do that we need to get a competent, experienced manager. Whilst he may have got CSKA to a cup final (being played today I think), as we all know he did nothing at Bunyodkor! Before that he managed Fenerbahce and Japan so it's hardly an inspiring CV. Not what we need imo.

Comment

Great to get mixed varied opinions on this guy tho,go bk 3 years and talk of Zico becoming our manager would of brought many to laughter shows how far we have come,or have we? Still think we need a B2B manager to get us out of this league though....Then we can crack right on with the big appointment

Comment

Some seem to think who ever the manager is that it's a done deal (don't know who he is) but if it's not which I think it's not, let's prey for our club that the board do this right and think about all options.

No room for any errors this time round, we are in for a ride this division is not going to be as easy as last year that's for sure.

Having said all this I don't want to change managers when we go up... I feel that the manager who takes us up will know our players and will know which new players he needs to bring in.

Comment

Absolutely, I was merely thinking of what possible benefits there could be. :eyes_droped:

Comment

Working...
                                X