Memories of Your First QPR Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memories of Your First QPR Match

It was good to see that old West Ham V QPR match on you tube from 76 or 77??

That for me I was my first match. The 2-0 win in the League Cup. I remember seeing the blue and white hoops on the TV and as I lived a few yards away from Upton Park, my mum took me to see the Rangers. Remember that day we played in white shirts and blue shorts. I am sure I was in the West Ham end and remember having a stool to stand on, so I could see the gameFrom memory The Big Match used to be on after News at Ten and I remember kept waiting for an age to watch QPR V Aston Villa in the semi Final. The game kept being called off?? Anyway, remember being allowed to watch it and we lost 3-0:what:

The season we finished second, I remember a cafe on the Barking Road, which used to be next to a pie mash shop. The owner promised as a kid I could get a free dinner if we won the league. I never had a clue at that time where QPR were based, but kept seeing this team win as the old teleprinter came on the WORLD OF SPORT, my nan used to love the wrestling on a Saturday afternoon and I kept seeing this team win, week in week out, with the latest scores that came on underneath someone like Giant Haystacks

That was me hooked.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

I cant remember mine my dad says he took me to my first game when I was 4 or 5, 25 now so havent a scobby. I remember the likes of David Bardsley, Simon Barker, Wilkins so probably around those times.
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

norwich away i was in a box and some norwich fan shouting "come on you yellows". was a 0-0 me thinks.

Comment

My first game kind of set the tone.....
        1961 v Chesterfield. We were top and unbeaten at home, they were bottom and hadnt won away, we were 1-0 up at half-time.........you know the rest.
        QPR 1 Chesterfield 2 :shocked:
        My Dad took me to that first game, funnily enough my first game after he died in 2002 was also v Chesterfield. Don't think we played them at all in the 40 years in between. Strange.

Comment

My first game was ealry 90's when i was about 6 i think....

Home match against Notts Forest and we won 4-3. Saw it again for the first time about a month ago on here i think. If i remember correctly Les ferdinand got a hat trick.

I have faint memorys, we were sat in south africa road near to the loft, think i was wearing full qpr kit, ready and willing to hop on as a second half sub if they needed someone lol!!.... Also remember Tony Roberts doing his trademark slap of the floor when he let a goal in!! Classic.
          Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

1976 vs AEK Athens

won 3 - 0 and remember it being really packed Loftus rd. Two pens then a Stanley special :-)
            those were the days

Comment

I wish, I would have been around in those days to watch the R's at home
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

qpr 8-2 sheff weds...night game in league cup.........weds scored about three o'g's!
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Can't remember the match, but it was October 68, and my mum asked someone in the packed Loft terrace, "Who's the man over there with the plaster cast?"
                  Reply: "That's Rodney Marsh".
                  Mother (in very loud voice): "Who's Rodney Marsh?"

Cue several thousand dropped jaws in the Loft!
                  Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

qpr v walsall 97 i think we won 2-1. They had michael ricketts who was quality then. Pea**** killed him though.

Comment

When was your first game then Pete?

League Cup Final for me. Grandad took me (aged 4) as he said I might never get a chance again of going to Wembley with the R's......
                      A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

I've said West ham V QPR.

Suspect after that it was around 1979 at home for first game.

As I moved to Putney, then realised how near Rangers were

Comment

qpr forest think 98/99 is the 1st i can remember went to a few prem matches before but cant remember only 16
                          went cos i wanted to go t and rs game and my mums a forest fan forest wnt 1-0 up then chris kiwomya equalised and he became my favourite qpr player until he was sold as he scored that goal but also liked ngonge
                          i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

Pete. I grew up round the corner from Upton Park - off Green Street.. Saw Qpr win 2-0. Think Clement and Bowles scored? Someone will correct me? Remember the white shirt/blue short kit and thought it was one of our best. Wish we still had it.

First home game in the 80's Against Leicester. Think we drew 2-2 and Alan Smith got a couple for them?

Comment

yeah

well fifty years ago i was four and got took to see the rangers and over the next few years i have different little flash backs
                              i can remeber that 6-1 thrashing of millwall at home and remember johny collins busting his head open on the goal post
                              but i didnt really understand what football was all about,except i hated pubs because i used to get left outside in the car whilst dad had a beer,i always got a lemonade and a pack of crisps
                              but soccer wise remember lazarus as the king of loftus road,he was a stocky tricky winger,who could score goals

Comment

Working...
                              X