Taken from another site, dont shoot the messenger, well said that man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taken from another site, dont shoot the messenger, well said that man

I'm getting increasingly ****ed off with the ****ing arrogance of this **** Briatore. If anyone working at the club browses these sites (they've been known to in the past, even up to board level) then please pass on what I say.

Mr Briatore, no-one can argue that you are a very successful businessman having built up a succesful international chain of shops and Formula 1 racing team. The takeover by yourself, Bernie Ecclestone and subsequently Lakshmi Mittal was certainly welcomed by the majority, if not all QPR fans. We were excited by being bought by 3 businessman who were obviously shrewd, very knowledgable and experienced about running a business and had substantial capital to invest in the club we love.

Now the inital blaze of publicity and 'honeymoon period' is over we are starting to realise a few home truths. Hardly any serious money has been spent during the transfer window to strengthen our squad which clearly needs at least 3 or 4 more players to really compete in the Championship, but we have seen plenty of money being spent on the corporate areas of the club with the focus seemingly on entertaining your high roller friends accompanied by a few out of date 'supermodels'. You certainly didn't have the loyalty or best interests of our existing boxholders in mind when you wildly increased the price of a box at our club.

Whenever a new regime takes over at a club or any business come to that, people expect changes, fair enough, but what you would do well to remember is that a football club is a unique business in that there is another factor to take into account when making decisions which is the loyal fanbase who have stood by the club through thick and thin, highs and lows (more lows with us lot!). Our club is something precious to us and we do not take kindly to someone treating it (and indirectly us) as some kind of hobby.

Mr Briatore, it is widely accepted that you have taken it upon yourself to pick the team and generally involve yourself in team affairs which should primarily fall under the remit of the club manager. Historically as seen at other clubs who have suffered 'hands on' chairman/directors meddling in the management of the team has often had a very negative affect on the teams success, and the knock on negative affect on morale of the manager, team and backroom staff.

Mr Briatore, may I remind you that you are NOT a football manager and therefore us fans would appreciate it if you concentrated on the business side of the club as that is where you and your colleagues expertise lies.
    As i've said, QPR are not anyones weekend hobby, some kind of real-life championship manager game and us fans are getting increasingly ****ed off with your arrogant meddling and pompous, autocratic decisions which are impacting negatively on our club. Previous chairman/regimes have soon found out to their cost that we QPR fans are a passonate bunch and do not take kindly to anyone acting in a way that is detrimental to the club, therefore take heed of what we say and let the manager manage with NO interference from you or any other members of the board otherwise the feeling amongst the fans toward the board will take quite a turn for the worse.

You're rash decision to sack yet another manager simply for stating his disallusionment with the boards decision to loan a our top scorer without his knowledge or even consultation is NOT welcomed by us, the fans. Lets just remember, money isn't everything.

How are we going to attract a decent manager with the abilty and experience to take the club forward if he is nothing but a yes man or your puppet?

Would you take kindly to a football manager telling you how to sell multi-coloured polo neck jumpers or how to drive a car fast?

No didn't think so...therefore take heed of this warning and leave the manager to manage (if we can attract another one) or **** OFF!

If I owned a company i would like some say in how it is run, plus there is no concreat evidance that he has done alot of interfering at all people are looking for a scape goat.
    Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Wembley Ranger,
      Your letter is full of personal insults, not reasoned arguments. If I was Flav it would go straight where it belongs--in the bin! Try being reasonable for once, I know its hard, but I reckon you can do it if you try!

Comment

Sorry, not sure if this letter was written by you or 'borrowed' by you, but my basic point remains--try reason, not insults, and who knows, you might get somewhere.

Comment

Why are we shooting down our savior? He saved us from being in the same situation as Luton are today and then promised to take us forwards. He promised to improve the squad, improve facilities at Loftus Road and make QPR a bigger brand - all of which is consistantly happening. He also promised to take us up in four years which at the time we were delighted to hear. Now, it seems that just because we know he is rich, some of us have become so demanding that we suddenly decided that four years is too long and it should have happened in the first 18 months. We read complete b0LL0cks in the tabloids who want to attack him and take it as if it were fact and used it against Flav.

Although I understand wanting to move forward, it is really quite pathetic that a bunch of you cannot appriciate what we have been given espically compared to what we would have without Flav. Sometimes I wonder if a short time in administraion would have been better for the way some 'fans' treat the club.

Comment

Originally posted by nuffieldranger View Post
            If I owned a company i would like some say in how it is run, plus there is no concreat evidance that he has done alot of interfering at all people are looking for a scape goat.
            He's said so himself!

Comment

Originally posted by LeeCookFan View Post
              Why are we shooting down our savior? He saved us from being in the same situation as Luton are today and then promised to take us forwards. He promised to improve the squad, improve facilities at Loftus Road and make QPR a bigger brand - all of which is consistantly happening. He also promised to take us up in four years which at the time we were delighted to hear. Now, it seems that just because we know he is rich, some of us have become so demanding that we suddenly decided that four years is too long and it should have happened in the first 18 months. We read complete b0LL0cks in the tabloids who want to attack him and take it as if it were fact and used it against Flav.

Although I understand wanting to move forward, it is really quite pathetic that a bunch of you cannot appriciate what we have been given espically compared to what we would have without Flav. Sometimes I wonder if a short time in administraion would have been better for the way some 'fans' treat the club.

Utter, utter, UTTER b0llocks

Comment

Wembley -which site did you get that from????

Comment

Originally Posted by LeeCookFan

No, it isn't.

He did say it was a 4 year plan.

During the last 18 months, new sponsorship, kit supplier and other financial deals have been brought in. Gulf Air, Lotto, Santander, Chronotech, Red Bull etc.

The squad has been revamped.
                  Some players out: Cullip, Bignot, Barker, Nardiello, Bailey, Bolder, Nygaard, Rehman etc.
                  In: Cerny, Gorkss, Connolly, Delaney, Vine, Buzsaky, Routledge, Cook, Ephraim amongst others.

The stadium has been updated - true mostly in corporate areas - but some other improvements too.

Perhaps he does interfere too much, but he is entitled to a say in things.

I don't really like his manner or attitude towards fans, but unless he does something really dreadful like selling the stadium, putting the club into admin etc, will wait until the end of his 4th season, before deciding he has been a failure.

Comment

I hate being personal on MB but Wembley Ranger you are taking the abolute **** with this. You have already posted this stupid letter a few weeks ago so why do it again.

Do you not realise that by associating yourself with this you are making yourself seem thick?

I guess not. Knob.

Comment

He saved the club people should remember that.

Many have forgotten how far we have come in such a short space of time.

Look at Southampton that could of been us.
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

There are so many fans who publicly say they despise the way the **** bought their way to success and shouted that we would never do that, secretly it would appear that some of these same fans can't stand the fact that we have some very rich owners who do not wish to pour their fortunes into buying superstar players and they then let themselves down by posting tripe!

From the second Briatore bought this club I dont believe he ever said that we would be buying "the best", I actually believe he said that he was going to help rebuild this club from the foundations up...... as far as I can see that's what he is doing.

He has made some huge mistakes, st prices being the worst, but I reckon he is learning from them......

Be bloody patient for christs sake....... 4 year plan.

If after 4 years he hasnt delivered on what he promised then its open season to vent our spleens

The impatience of some supporters is ridiculous....
                        “You can keep that silly fat w@nker. The lads can't lift him”

Comment

A pretty pathetic letter full of personal insults which don't help anything. Why are so many QPR fans so desperate for us to be royally screwed by getting rid of the man who saved us from administration and not having a hope in hell of even being a championship level club and giving us a near 100% chance of being promoted in the next few years.

This blame Flav culture takes the ****. Yes he could have handled some things better but you can see the man cares about making a success out of this club and I'd much rather have him then not. I think most fans would rather keep him it's just a minority of see you next tuesdays who spend games chanting insults at him and give him every excuse to just pull out and take his mates with him.
                          "What were those things in gremlins called?" - K. Pilkington

Comment

Please read the heading before you reply.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              Originally Posted by LeeCookFan

No, it isn't.

He did say it was a 4 year plan.

During the last 18 months, new sponsorship, kit supplier and other financial deals have been brought in. Gulf Air, Lotto, Santander, Chronotech, Red Bull etc.

The squad has been revamped.
                              Some players out: Cullip, Bignot, Barker, Nardiello, Bailey, Bolder, Nygaard, Rehman etc.
                              In: Cerny, Gorkss, Connolly, Delaney, Vine, Buzsaky, Routledge, Cook, Ephraim amongst others.

The stadium has been updated - true mostly in corporate areas - but some other improvements too.

Perhaps he does interfere too much, but he is entitled to a say in things.

I don't really like his manner or attitude towards fans, but unless he does something really dreadful like selling the stadium, putting the club into admin etc, will wait until the end of his 4th season, before deciding he has been a failure.
                              Nail on head, well said!

Originally posted by Mr Lofty View Post
                              I hate being personal on MB but Wembley Ranger you are taking the abolute **** with this. You have already posted this stupid letter a few weeks ago so why do it again.

Do you not realise that by associating yourself with this you are making yourself seem thick?

I guess not. Knob.
                              If the cap fits then wear it I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X