No announcement yet.

What exactly do people want???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain Clunge, you hit the nail on the head. COuld not have put it better myself.

Thats exactly why some don't want him back, forgetting of course we did play entertaining football.

I would not mind Boothroyd, though I am against Magilton just for the record.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
      Captain Clunge, you hit the nail on the head. COuld not have put it better myself.

Thats exactly why some don't want him back, forgetting of course we did play entertaining football.

I would not mind Boothroyd, though I am against Magilton just for the record.
      So would you have liked Dowie or Sousa back if they had gone for a drink with the fans?

Can i ask why you are so against Magilton becoming boss?

Comment

I'm saying why they don;t want DE canio back. I wouldn't hold that reason for not wanting him back, very silly if you ask me.

I had a drink with Sousa at the start and very charming he was too, Dowie was always a nice guy.

Magilton just doesn't get the juices flowing, sorry just an opinion. Not good enough for Ipswich, but good enough for us?? Not sure.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

"Our expectations are very much higher now, due to the calibre of players we now have"

But some are saying we've made crap signings???

Which is it?

Comment

I'm saying why they don;t want DE canio back. I wouldn't hold that reason for not wanting him back, very silly if you ask me.

I had a drink with Sousa at the start and very charming he was too, Dowie was always a nice guy.

Magilton just doesn't get the juices flowing, sorry just an opinion. Not good enough for Ipswich, but good enough for us?? Not sure.
            Im not trying to cause an arguement, just a sensible debate.

Magilton did very well to challenge 2 years running for the play offs with a squad which i couldnt see many of getting into our team. I reckon given the squad we have and a full season Magilton could do really well.

Unfortunatly i have a feeling that should we appoint someone like Magilton where the fans are very much 50/50 with, we would have a number of fans jumping on his back as soon as we lose a game.

Originally posted by MYU View Post
            "Our expectations are very much higher now, due to the calibre of players we now have"

But some are saying we've made crap signings???

Which is it?
            The problem i believe is we have bought a few 'names' such as Helguson and Hall who have played in the prem so we expect them to be a class above at this level. Unfortunatly it doesnt work like that but when opposition and our own fans see these 'names' they start thinking we must win.

Comment

He was given a big budget by champiosnhip standards, last season at Ipswich. Always a target of play-offs, but felll short.

Its not the end of the world, if he takes the job. I just feel, like you say with the fan base divided many won't give him long.

Take for example players like Cerny and Ramage, got enormous stick. can you imagine the pressure on magilton?

Comment

He was given a big budget by champiosnhip standards, last season at Ipswich. Always a target of play-offs, but felll short.

Its not the end of the world, if he takes the job. I just feel, like you say with the fan base divided many won't give him long.

Take for example players like Cerny and Ramage, got enormous stick. can you imagine the pressure on magilton?
                I agree, its pressure before a ball is kicked.

Im not to clued up on the signings he made there but looking through the squad there isnt many id want to come to Rangers.

Didnt Magilton have that season a year ago where they were unbeaten at home? Obviously away form was woefull but that sounds just like a QPR managers record.

Comment

Your right, they had a great record at home.

he comes across as a sincere and passionate character, just think we should aim a little higher.

Comment

Originally posted by barnethoop
                    The problem i believe is we have bought a few 'names' such as Helguson and Hall who have played in the prem so we expect them to be a class above at this level. Unfortunatly it doesnt work like that but when opposition and our own fans see these 'names' they start thinking we must win.

I still remember the time we were going to buy Helguson and everyone was raving mad about him coming.

I think I was the only one posting who said he will make no difference coming here and I was right.

I'm not saying that he was a bad player it was just the style of football we were playing, we was not providing a service and therefore it didn't matter who came in.

What we do need to get right is having our players in the box so we have players to pass to.

Maybe next year these same players under a new coach will be like new signings but who knows.

New manager I would like to see De Canio come back because the crowd were buzzing, football was sweet but I would want a very good No.2 to come in as well to help with defence duties.

We do have a much better defence this time round so who knows what the outcome will be.

I work in the football business and speak to every football club fan, the year de Canio came in I was speaking to fans and when they asked who I supported... and when I said QPR, they all had us for promotion and said the football they watched on SKY under De Canio was superb.

Next year whoever comes in we fans have to play our part, we need to be the 12th man no matter who comes in, even if it is Barrymore.

We fans can make this happen and let’s do it this year!

Comment

Your right, they had a great record at home.

he comes across as a sincere and passionate character, just think we should aim a little higher.
                      What names do you think we should aim for?

Im very much of the opinion that we should stay away from an high profile 'name' as again it just adds pressure. Look at Preston and Burnley last year, had anyone heard of Coyle or Irvine? And then Martinez at Swansea. The list goes on.

Comment

good posts guys

Comment

Working...
                        X