The long game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The long game

I was excited when the money men came into QPR and I'm still grateful because you've only got to look at Luton, Southampton, Wimbledon etc to see what might have been but I can't help thinking that if we don't get promoted to the Premiership soon, then it will start getting more difficult to stay there once you get there as each year goes by. Man City already have loads of cash (and cash which is available to spend more importantly)....today I hear that Portsmouth have somebody in trying to spend more than Man City......It seems to me that the Premiership teams are up there on a shelf waiting for the money men to throw money at them so just being in the Prem makes you available for a cash injection from some rich Sheikh in the UAE. Now I know the Mittals are loaded, as is Bernie & Flavio and again I stress that I'm right behind them because they saved the club but money is pouring in to weak Premiership sides like Man City & Portsmouth and the important thing for the 'on the pitch' side of things is that they are throwing money at the teams rather than running a profit and loss account. I'm just worried that there might be a few more Sheikhs out there who might pick up Wolves, Birmingham, Bolton etc and then the gap gets bigger.

On the one hand i agree with you seems as soon as we get taken over so does everyone else only difference is they are all seem to be spending BIG money on players where as we are not, (not that I'm not grateful) but at the same time i can't help but feel that eventually these men are going to get bored of their play things and these clubs will be in the trouble where as hopefully we will be making our own money and not have players on wages we can't afford

Comment

That makes sense......but Chelsea don't seem to be suffering yet? I do get your point though!

Comment

It's one thing throwing obscene amounts of money at transfers and players wages, and it's another thing being as tight as a fishes backside. There is a middle way.

Comment

Working...
        X