Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fulham Park Rangers....Premiership giants by now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulham Park Rangers....Premiership giants by now?

So the "Mr cynical pessimist" the modfather demonstrated on the pitch against this happening all those years ago. I was sat in the Ellerslie Rd stand that day with very mixed feelings. Didn't want to see QPR die, yet I admit I was quite attracted by the proposed merger. I thought, sadly, it was the likely way football would go in the future. So...we'll never know...but if it had happened, where would FPR be now? Any guesses? Champions of the Premiership perhaps...or another Brentford...or the Conference or lower. Pure speculation...but if we'd had a three-way merger at that particular time ie Brentford, Fulham and the big boys QPR, I reckon we'd be as big as Chelsea now. FPR alone minus Brentfors probably what...about mid table Premiership? As big as West Ham?

Tell me your on a wind up. Please.

Comment

Its Ally Russell in disguise testing the waters for his next nicked big idea...............
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Why? Mind you it's all pure speculation, none can know the answer. Didn't want FPR to happen, but....if I could have seen the future up to last season's takeover I probably would have wanted to take a chance on it. At the time, I would however, have supported a merger if it had also have included Brentford. Provided they played in blue and white and included the name 'Rangers' prominently in the title, I would have gone for it. Am I the only one? What if Fayed, Flav and whoever the Brentford chairman is now got together and said 'we want to create one club in a new West London stadium holding 45,000 to genuinely rival Chelsea' for size. Could it be done and how much support would it have? I'm not talking about moving the club to MK or somewhere distant. Those of you that want your AFC QPR Conference side could still have it, I suppose.

Comment

Must admit our fans have got good senses of humour. Auf Wiedeshen Pet, along with Minder just about the best of all time TV creations, Dan. As for the Ali Russell comment...gotta admit it made me roll up! Even if I don't agree with you geezers you're usually worth reading.

Comment

made me cringe just seeing the name...let alone thinking about it :(

Comment

fooking horrible thought that was

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
                So the "Mr cynical pessimist" the modfather demonstrated on the pitch against this happening all those years ago. I was sat in the Ellerslie Rd stand that day with very mixed feelings. Didn't want to see QPR die, yet I admit I was quite attracted by the proposed merger. I thought, sadly, it was the likely way football would go in the future. So...we'll never know...but if it had happened, where would FPR be now? Any guesses? Champions of the Premiership perhaps...or another Brentford...or the Conference or lower. Pure speculation...but if we'd had a three-way merger at that particular time ie Brentford, Fulham and the big boys QPR, I reckon we'd be as big as Chelsea now. FPR alone minus Brentfors probably what...about mid table Premiership? As big as West Ham?

Yep you were right about that was the way football would go in the future...

Remind me how many have merged since that time?

Dagenham & Redbridge maybe but that's about it! and they were non league at the time!
                "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
                  Yep you were right about that was the way football would go in the future...

Remind me how many have merged since that time?

Dagenham & Redbridge maybe but that's about it! and they were non league at the time!
                  Hayes & Yeading, Rushden & Diamonds are non league examples.

Only one club has gone anywhere near that route and that's MK Dons.

Anyway, I'd rather get swine flu and aids combined than watch that happen to my club.

Comment

I'd rather AFC QPR.

Comment

fulham have been a shining light to the prem lge and we should accept that our neighbours are a bigger and better club, well organised, spent to get promoted and overall spent wisely, yes a few mistakes but hey...that's life.
                      we should model ourselves on their winning formula, they saved us when they shared our modest ground and be honest they paid to improve the floodlights,goals and a lick of paint...i am grateful.

Comment

Fulham Park Rangers?? Was probably the single most shite idea i've every herd.

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
                          fulham have been a shining light to the prem lge and we should accept that our neighbours are a bigger and better club, well organised, spent to get promoted and overall spent wisely, yes a few mistakes but hey...that's life.
                          we should model ourselves on their winning formula, they saved us when they shared our modest ground and be honest they paid to improve the floodlights,goals and a lick of paint...i am grateful.
                          sounds like you are shifting loyalty

Comment

You cant hate Fulham really.Their like the lego playing learning difficulties four eyed kid that everyone bullied at school.They need a hug and a bit of praise to boost there small acheivments.
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

It really doesn't matter what the Frankenstein's monster, Fulham Park Rangers, would be doing now, had the merger gone through.
                              What does matter, really matters, is that Queen's Park Rangers would have died.
                              I demonstrated on the pitch against the merger, and I'm bloody proud I did.

Comment

Working...
                              X