Where do we need to strengthen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do we need to strengthen?

OK A striker everyone will say straight off but, thinking about it..will that happen? Look at the current squad

Vine - he wont be leaving
    Ageymang - he wont be leaving - only bought him a year ago
    Balanta - has broken into the first team and looks mustard
    Helguson - may we dump him?
    Blackstock - Will Forrest actually buy him?
    German - has broken into the first team and looks mustard

So, we've 6 strikers at the club. If we dont sell blackstock (or even if we do) do you think the new boss/Flavio believes we need a new striker?????

IMHO Yes but, who knows?

Where else? Goalkeeper? Cerny had a great season but his only competition is Elvis who's 6 and Radek is 59 this year.

Surely we need a decent leader, a decent Captain, a holding midfielder?

IMHO all our defensive midfielders are pretty average!

Thoughts?
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Balanta & German - too early to say
    Vine - let's see next season was getting slated just before his injury.
    Agyemang - league 1 standard
    Helguson - can he stay injury free and do a Furlong - not sure he can tbh.

We need 2 strikers, 2 full backs & a new Sporting (if we continue with that system) - then we are strengthened..
    Oh and a manager who is left to manage for the season...
    "Originally Posted by qblockpete
    QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
    Swansea will finish in bottom 6
    Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Vine slated before injury?
      I don't remember that happening.

We do need 2 new full backs and 2 strikers.
      Also Rowlands needs to be Captain, as no challengers on that front.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        Vine slated before injury?
        I don't remember that happening.

We do need 2 new full backs and 2 strikers.
        Also Rowlands needs to be Captain, as no challengers on that front.
        am i the only one who doesnt rate rowlands that much?

Yes I'd have him in the team but not as captain

Comment

rowlands would only be in my team if he was captain otherwise he would struggle to get into my side. He is the only man who can step up to the plate as captain. Unless we bring in an experienced player then he is the only man good enough. Our squad lacks any real leader and it needs to be looked at

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            rowlands would only be in my team if he was captain otherwise he would struggle to get into my side. He is the only man who can step up to the plate as captain. Unless we bring in an experienced player then he is the only man good enough. Our squad lacks any real leader and it needs to be looked at
            Agree with most of that. Personally I'd have no issues with Gorkss being Captain or even Cerny. One thing for sure is that we really need someone with balls who can command that midfield..currently we dont have that

Comment

Would it be worth putting in a cheeky bid for Jason Roberts.
              He would add power and pace with also the ability to score 25 goals in this league.
              Big Sam may want to start bringing in his own players although I guess Roberts would suit his style of play. He is a real athelete and is related to Cyrill Regis, would he be available?

Comment

A couple of seasons back Cranie did well for us. Then got injured and struggled a bit at Portsmouth. Back in the England U21's again now. Is he worth another look at?

Comment

You only have to look at the stats to see how much poorer we are without Rowlands compared to when he is in the side. I don't think he is a natural captain though and his place in the side will depend on whether we sign Lopez or bring in another central midfielder. Also whether he returns the same player he was before injury.

I think we have a back 5 who can shut up shop and and make us the best defensive unit in the league. We have flair players but will they fire together? Do we have someone who is Mr Consistent? Do we have someone who put away the only chance we may create in a match?

For me Ben Watson would have been Mr Consistent so can we find someone similar? A natural goalscorer? Lita, Beckford or an old head like Tommy Smith?

If we want our full backs to attack then they need replacing but if you want Ramage to defend he will likewise with Delaney.

Comment

2 x proven strikers as we're desperately short of cover in this department - 2 x good defenders as our defensive cover is woeful - leave the midfield as is - so IMO just 4 "good" players - unload the deadwood and ANY player that doesn't want to be a part of our dream - lets save wages and by doing so bring in the calibre of player we need to get out of this division - IMO neither Wolves or Birmingham were that good last term and we still fell well short - i think the 3 teams relegated from the Prem will provide stiff oppostion this season - which means we'll need to bring in some quality to strenthen the squad and compliment the likes of Buzz, Vine, Routeledge etc

Comment

Two full backs first and foremost, move Connolly to C/B and make him captain.
                      Would agree with earlier post to early to tell with our young ones and Ageymang simply not good enough. Would stick with Helguson who will be better this season if he stays fit and play a small quicker front man off him,so wouldn't go for Beckford i would go for a Webber or Eastwood type , only my opinion of course.

Comment

i reacon the underpining under the sa rd stand needs attention....some aarming cracks appearing by the entrance next to club shop!
                        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

left back is a must.

Also in dire need of a genuine goalscorer, even more so, when Blackstock goes.

I think it is far too early to rate German & Balanta as mustard. Until they can score frequently at reserve team level they are just custard.

Rowlands is a decent player, who knows how to score, can pass the ball reasonably well and can tackle. He is also reasonable cover for right back.

If QPR, don't sign Lopez, they need a similarly good midfielder i.e. not mahon or Leigertwood.

Comment

I think in our Yoof,fair few still on bans and a bit of in fighting gone on.Older heads are well older heads but our yoof has wayned abit last couple of seasons.Yoof are out future.
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

2 full backs, 2 strikers and if there is any spare cash a centre mid :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X