• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1974-77 1980-95 and hopefully 2009-10

Comment

80s for me went home and away,
      QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

2003 promotion season was my first experience of going up rather than down .
        The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
        :grimace:

Comment

First Premiership season for me.

Comment

Thats one good thing about the club, when you have good times you treasure them.

Only ever saw one game 75-76 season and throughly enjoyed the Venables era early eighties and the start of the artificial pitch. My step-son who was only 7 when I met him, was a good time for me too. Switching him from a Spurs fan to a QPR one in 1988 also felt great. Some great games under Gerry Francis first time around and promotion under Holloway were great memories too.

The year we finished 5th under Gerry Francis was my best year.
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Under Gerry it was great. But I can only really remember going down, down and down. Only recently have we started to climb back up again.
              First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

gotta be the mid to late 60's - then all of the 70's - the 80,s were pretty good - the early 90's not bad - but just of late pretty frustrating - seeing all the money in the Prem etc and watching the shite from down the road grow into a major force - i guess all in all theres never really been a bad time to watch my beloved mistress as she perform erotic acts at LR - prehaps Huddersfield away when we got relegated - but must say i enjoyed our stint back in the "3rd" division - so for me just being a part of our great club gives me a hard on - i'm 53 now so away from LR they're very rare !

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  Thats one good thing about the club, when you have good times you treasure them.

Only ever saw one game 75-76 season and throughly enjoyed the Venables era early eighties and the start of the artificial pitch. My step-son who was only 7 when I met him, was a good time for me too. Switching him from a Spurs fan to a QPR one in 1988 also felt great. Some great games under Gerry Francis first time around and promotion under Holloway were great memories too.

Mad to think we were top london club!

Above Arsenal and Chelsea. Suppose some things go in cycles..I can remember Chelsea being relegated twice in my lifetime and i'm only a nipper ;D
                  Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Was that on the telly? :devil:
                    A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post
                      Was that on the telly? :devil:

Comment

for pure exitement

for pure exitement the 1961 season when we scored over a hundred goals
                        brian bedford and lazarus being the great stars but what was so good about it was it didnt matter if we conceded four goals,we knew we could score five and win.we came third missing promotion that was before the play offs
                        i found the 75 -76 season quite brilliant but i knew that sexton was going to screw the club up because of his inabillity to buy players i never rated him as a manager he could only coach in some ways he reminded me of don howe

yeah then the great venables era was a real joy to watch he took us to fifth
                        in the prem
                        also gerry francis took us to fifth in the prem so those are my greatest memories of qpr
                        that 66-67 league cup final was one of the most exiting days of my life

Comment

Working...
                        X