If you were running the club, how much would you spend this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were running the club, how much would you spend this season

if you had the resources of our three owners. Would you go VFM and maybe not get the players you want, or go all out and buy the quality players that would play in the CCC, and that the club need regardless of cost? Put yourself in their position.

15 million.
    QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

I would have to make sure I don't break the wage structure, make sure I get no egos into the club, get in team players, wouldn't make the mistake of trying to buy my way out of the championship and realise that any worthy player in the premiership, would not take the drop down to the championship.## Average wage in the premiership must 40k a week and you simply cannot pay that for a player in the championship, plus they wouldn't come to the club for the right reasons, if they did make the drop

One thing, I feel we lack is character. Not sure you can attribute that to the managers we've had, but you never had the feeling when we were 1-0 down we would ever come back. Only felt that once under Ainsworth against Sheffield Wednesday.

We need leaders on the pitch, not sure we have many.
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

£5.79bn, obviously I would hold the rest back for the future in the prem and ground redevelopments.

Comment

Originally posted by RLHoop View Post
          £5.79bn, obviously I would hold the rest back for the future in the prem and ground redevelopments.
          ;D;D
          QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

yes pete but the wednesday game was nothing to do with GA, their defence was so bad, I was telling everyone around me at 0-2, this is a good game to win.

Comment

Rowlands is not a bad leader on the pitch

I would not go spending silly money but i would not **** about either, this league is getting tougher and the longer we stay in the division now the more expensive its going to be to get out in the long run.

This season was a great chance for us, we screwed up in the summer, we could and should have had watson, missing out on him was probably the difference between our 11th spot and a play off place regardless of everything else
              its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post

I would not go spending silly money but i would not **** about either, this league is getting tougher and the longer we stay in the division now the more expensive its going to be to get out in the long run.

This season was a great chance for us, we screwed up in the summer, we could and should have had watson, missing out on him was probably the difference between our 11th spot and a play off place regardless of everything else
                ^^^^what he said
                Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post

very good post mate.

Comment

I prefer Lopez to any defensive midfielder we have at present, with Buszacky as his partner in the centre.

Comment

peteg

Good post and to think we could have got Watson for around 1.5 million in the s:horror:ummer
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                        peteg

Good post and to think we could have got Watson for around 1.5 million in the s:horror:ummer
                        Why did we miss out on Watson???Anyone really know??

Comment

err, what was the question?

Comment

Why did we miss out on Watson???Anyone really know??

Brinkmanship, as Pete says if we had offered 1.5 we would have got him, we tried to save 300k or so and we lost out. I dont understand that mentality most of us knew he was a snip at 1.5

I think its all part of this project but they made a misjudgement. they have made a lot of them, I hope they are learning from thier mistakes but not holding my breath
                            its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

£20m, thereby going up and then looking at a golden pot of £60m...
                              sponsoships pay out etc

invest maybe another £10m , leaving £30m return on the investment...

Comment

Working...
                              X